IP address

WA_Vol

I noticed GAVOL was able to pull the IP address of posters, are we able to see those, or is that a mod function only?

Is it possible for someone to post if they have a program that hides their IP address?

Is it possible for someone to post if they have a program that hides their IP address?
The board software tries to filter those in many cases and won't let you post.

Somebody stalking you?

my firewall is getting about 50-100 hits a day, 90% of them from China. I was getting tired of it and was considering using software to hide my IP address, except when I tried it, my computer almost ground to a halt.

my firewall is getting about 50-100 hits a day, 90% of them from China. I was getting tired of it and was considering using software to hide my IP address, except when I tried it, my computer almost ground to a halt.

I doubt hiding your ip address will help much. Most firewalls get at least that many hits a day if not more.

A lot of times these people use polling programs that are just taking a range of addresses for popular isp's and pinging them until they find a live computer and then it checks available ports. That is what your firewall is picking up.

Man I am so far behind the times. I had no idea China had computers. Firewalls, Spyware, what the heck is the world coming to. for real, one day in need freak to look at my laptop and tell me what I need and dont.

Man I am so far behind the times. I had no idea China had computers. Firewalls, Spyware, what the heck is the world coming to. for real, one day in need freak to look at my laptop and tell me what I need and dont.

They got it from our downed spyplane remember.

VN Store

Back