Iowa St. site

The expectations of Campbell at ISU will never approach those of the HFBC at Tennessee. He can be “competitive,” live well and be beloved there. All he has to do is make a bowl most years, beat Iowa more than he loses to them and pull out a “big” win over the historical power house teams once every few years.

ISU football is a UNC of the ACC or a modern day Kentucky of the SEC. He would never get fired from there for not regularly competing for conference championships. Not sucking is enough for them.

Maybe so. Bot to be honest, Tennessee is now referred to as a has been. ISU is a never has been. I guess it comes down to what he wants. And we will see if they offer him.

I can explain their logic in one regard because I agree with them. They are not stating that Iowa State is a better job than Tennessee. What they are saying is why would he leave Iowa State to go to Tennessee considering what he would be walking into.

And I would tend to agree.

This is a guy who should be able to get a high profile job whenever he wants it. Why not wait for a high profile job that doesn't have all of the issues that the Tennessee job does right now?

Now, if I am Tennessee, Campbell would be my first and last call because I'd give him an offer he wouldn't refuse. The whole "what will it take to get you in this car today?" routine.

I agree since the future chances they get all hinge on their next move. If he goes to any school and fails his stock will drop quick like Frost's has. Even if he wins but doesn't meet expectations his stock drops like Herman's has. Coaching is truly a what have you done lately profession.

If the NFL is the route they want try out doing it at a younger age coming from college is a smart move because they usually get a pass and can come back to the college ranks. If your goal is to stay in college you can be slow and safe to some extent but the spotlight dims after a bad season or two and the big schools may not have you at the top of their list as they once did. It really is all about what have you done lately and what you do now may help or keep you from that "Dream Job"...... it's a tough business.

They hate Fleck because he’s good.

Fleck is a decent coach but also an annoying jackass. He is a slightly more successful version of Butch except that he also has the incredibly annoying tendency to always somehow put himself in the spotlight. Fleck is a clown and it's only a matter of time till his ******** cliches grow stale much like Butch the Brick Layer. Fleck is a punchline for a lot of B10 and surrounding schools up there. My Iowa fan buddy literally hates the guy.

To be fair to Butch, I bet he would still be coaching had Minnesota/ the B10 been his first P5 job.

Reactions: TC 83
Campbell has ISU humming right now whereas UT sounds like a 64 Dodge Dart.

Had the Cyclones beat OU in the B12 championship game, they might have nudged ND for a spot in the play-offs. He has a lot of guys returning next year with another shot at the championship game/ play-off bid.

We have essentially zero of winning the division next year (or probably the next couple thereafter based on NCAA penalties.)

Right now, the upside of staying at ISU is simply higher than anything UT could offer. That said, I would love to get him but I don't see it happening.

Campbell has ISU humming right now whereas UT sounds like a 64 Dodge Dart.

Had the Cyclones beat OU in the B12 championship game, they might have nudged ND for a spot in the play-offs. He has a lot of guys returning next year with another shot at the championship game/ play-off bid.

We have essentially zero of winning the division next year (or probably the next couple thereafter based on NCAA penalties.)

Right now, the upside of staying at ISU is simply higher than anything UT could offer. That said, I would love to get him but I don't see it happening.

You are undervaluing UT a a lot! Current talent UT>ISU, incoming talent UT>ISU, resources UT>ISU. The only place ISU is better than UT is their football coach.

Fact of the matter is that at ISU he will never get the talent he can get at an SEC school.
Maybe he's thinking "imagine what I can do with Hyatt, and Salter".

One thing was the truth....this is your old fashion toxic materials dumpster fire

Bigger question is do they have internet?

I'm sure you thought this was funny, but Iowa is 26th in average income while Tennessee is 42nd, and a higher % of Iowans have access to broadband (83.3%) vs. Tennesseeans (82.1%). Tennessee's poverty rate is over 30% higher than Iowa's, as well, at 12%, vs 8.9%.

You can make a list a mile long of coaches that look just like Campbell that flop BAD in the SEC! Don’t want him EVER!

You can make a list a mile long of coaches that look just like Campbell that flop BAD in the SEC! Don’t want him EVER!
Can you produce this list?
Must include:
- taking one of the worst P5 jobs to a top-10 finish by Year 5.
-Numerous job offers from top college programs and a couple NFL teams interested.
-taking MAC and Iowa S level recruits and beating top teams
-taking those recruits and developing several into NFL players

I don’t recall any recent ones that have that resume

Their expectations were not what he has brought to them. If he was having them win 6-8 games a season they’d probably be pretty happy with that.
6 to 8 wins at Iowa St? Lol, that’s not historically playing it safe. Only the ultimate competitors would take that challenge on, and then stay.

of course, at least they pay your buyout when fired at ISU. so you’re right, it’s safer in that regard

Iowa State is in no way, shape or form a major football school. Campbell is only the second HC in a hundred years with a winning record at the school. I believe Earl Bruce is the other. Johnny had a losing record there.

But some on here think he isn’t that good of a coach 🙄

You are undervaluing UT a a lot! Current talent UT>ISU, incoming talent UT>ISU, resources UT>ISU. The only place ISU is better than UT is their football coach.

Fact of the matter is that at ISU he will never get the talent he can get at an SEC school.
Maybe he's thinking "imagine what I can do with Hyatt, and Salter".
Despite that talent gap, ISU would absolutely beat this year’s team by at least 3 TD’s.
The bigger issue is that the pathway to the playoffs is simply easier for ISU than it is for UT.

6 to 8 wins at Iowa St? Lol, that’s not historically playing it safe. Only the ultimate competitors would take that challenge on, and then stay.

of course, at least they pay your buyout when fired at ISU. so you’re right, it’s safer in that regard
Everyone gets their buyout unless they break part of their contract. I don’t understand why you’re taking a shot at UT there. Pruitt is an imbecile for not keeping his staff in check. You read the reports about neidermeyer, right? Just absolutely careless. Pruitt cheated and on top of that, he and the staff tried to cover it up.

He is at the top of my list but he has already blown off the Jets for an interview.

They have QB Purdy, RB Hall ( one of the best in the country) both their TEs coming back. Only losing 3 players out of their 2 deep. They will make a run at the playoffs next year and the Big 12 title.

I dont see him bailing on those players and interviewing with TN after passing on the Jets.

VN Store

Back