Iowa St. site

thistime

No matter where you're at there you are.
I have never looked at another team's site so for sh!t$ and giggles I thought I would see their take on Campbell....well......they seem to think Herman is the man...they want it to be Flick because they seem to hate him and why would Campbell want to go to the DUMPSTER FIRE that is UT since he can go anywhere he wants , which begs the question ...Why would he want to stay at IOWA ST then ? It doesn't matter what team you cheer for your team is the best .....no matter what. GO VOLS !!!!

The expectations of Campbell at ISU will never approach those of the HFBC at Tennessee. He can be “competitive,” live well and be beloved there. All he has to do is make a bowl most years, beat Iowa more than he loses to them and pull out a “big” win over the historical power house teams once every few years.

ISU football is a UNC of the ACC or a modern day Kentucky of the SEC. He would never get fired from there for not regularly competing for conference championships. Not sucking is enough for them.

I have never looked at another team's site so for sh!t$ and giggles I thought I would see their take on Campbell....well......they seem to think Herman is the man...they want it to be Flick because they seem to hate him and why would Campbell want to go to the DUMPSTER FIRE that is UT since he can go anywhere he wants , which begs the question ...Why would he want to stay at IOWA ST then ? It doesn't matter what team you cheer for your team is the best .....no matter what. GO VOLS !!!!
Why would he stay at Iowa St? Because they’re the opposite of a dumpster fire- they’re likely a top 10 team next year. Staying at Iowa St is the low-risk, easy thing. Another top-25 finish there and he’ll have even more suitors.

The expectations of Campbell at ISU will never approach those of the HFBC at Tennessee. He can be “competitive,” live well and be beloved there. All he has to do is make a bowl most years, beat Iowa more than he loses to them and pull out a “big” win over the historical power house teams once every few years.

ISU football is a UNC of the ACC or a modern day Kentucky of the SEC. He would never get fired from there for not regularly competing for conference championships. Not sucking is enough for them.
Go VOLS

I'm sure they get in a panic every time there is a coaching vacancy at a major school. They know they have a coach who isn't likely to be there for the long-term, so with every coaching search they probably fear the worst. I would if I was in their position.

I'm sure they get in a panic every time there is a coaching vacancy at a major school. They know they have a coach who isn't likely to be there for the long-term, so with every coaching search they probably fear the worst. I would if I was in their position.
They’re a major school. A P5 that just went to a NY6 despite losing to a sun belt team. I’m guessing top-30 in attendance. Great travel rep.

I believe you mean anytime there is a historically superior program. I would if in their shoes, but their board suggests otherwise.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
They’re a major school. A P5 that just went to a NY6 despite losing to a sun belt team. I’m guessing top-30 in attendance. Great travel rep.

I believe you mean anytime there is a historically superior program. I would if in their shoes, but their board suggests otherwise.
I guess we just have a different definition of a major school when we're talking about college football. Any school that has only been ranked in the top 25 three times in the final rankings since 1895 doesn't qualify as a major school to me.

Not all and in fact most coaches are not built like that, they are competitive and the best ones want to compete against the best ones. GBO!

Reactions: bag12day
I just thought it was fun checking out some of their stuff. Hey I get it, why not play it safe and wait for that NFL job to come along but I would think if college football is what his life time goal is and winning national championships is a dream well that dream ain't going to happen at Iowa St. It may not happen at UT but the odds are better here than they are there just because of recruiting alone. We have been through the ringer in the past few years, fired a coach, lost some players and are still #15 in recruiting. Iowa St goes 9-3 has a great young coach, a stable program, bright future and are rated #52 in recruiting...two behind Vandy !!!! That is the difference between the big schools and the not so big. It would be GREAT to get him since he can obviously do more with less. It is really up to Danny White and if he has made him an offer and whether he wants the job or not.

Reactions: Tennessee Cowboy
Not all and in fact most coaches are not built like that, they are competitive and the best ones want to compete against the best ones. GBO!
There’s not much higher in terms of challenge than beating the best at ISU. If he’s competitive and confident, he’s at the right place

Why would he stay at Iowa St? Because they’re the opposite of a dumpster fire- they’re likely a top 10 team next year. Staying at Iowa St is the low-risk, easy thing. Another top-25 finish there and he’ll have even more suitors.

Most competitive and successful people don’t operate only in “safe”zones.

I guess we just have a different definition of a major school when we're talking about college football. Any school that has only been ranked in the top 25 three times in the final rankings since 1895 doesn't qualify as a major school to me.

Iowa State is in no way, shape or form a major football school. Campbell is only the second HC in a hundred years with a winning record at the school. I believe Earl Bruce is the other. Johnny had a losing record there.

Iowa st will never be a champion. Not that I think we will be but Tennessee is a much better job if you are a hungry competitor.

Oklahoma has been in playoffs and conversations of the playoffs for several years now. Iowa State winning their conference consistently will put them in the same situation.

I would be happy to get Campbell here. But I can't say that he is somehow playing it safe or wasting his talent by staying at that program.

Reactions: rkvdg
Iowa st will never be a champion. Not that I think we will be but Tennessee is a much better job if you are a hungry competitor.
Last year shows the difference isn’t great.

It’s a contradiction to say Iowa St is much harder to win at and say a hungry competitor would rather avoid that and run to Tennessee. If you’re a hungry competitor, winning at Iowa St is the ultimate.

It would be one thing if it were impossible, but they just finished in the top 10. A few plays away from undefeated. Meanwhile we can’t win while cheating. They have been in nearly every game the last 4 years. I read on their board they return 20 starters.

Last year shows the difference isn’t great.

It’s a contradiction to say Iowa St is much harder to win at and say a hungry competitor would rather avoid that and run to Tennessee. If you’re a hungry competitor, winning at Iowa St is the ultimate.

It would be one thing if it were impossible, but they just finished in the top 10. A few plays away from undefeated. Meanwhile we can’t win while cheating. They have been in nearly every game the last 4 years. I read on their board they return 20 starters.
Tennessee is a better job. Traditionally and fan base. If the perfect storm happens here it’s a gold mine. If Tennessee ever even made (just) the Sugar Bowl the roof would blow!
I hear what you are saying. Really apples to oranges.

Reactions: Tnfan41

I can explain their logic in one regard because I agree with them. They are not stating that Iowa State is a better job than Tennessee. What they are saying is why would he leave Iowa State to go to Tennessee considering what he would be walking into.

And I would tend to agree.

This is a guy who should be able to get a high profile job whenever he wants it. Why not wait for a high profile job that doesn't have all of the issues that the Tennessee job does right now?

Now, if I am Tennessee, Campbell would be my first and last call because I'd give him an offer he wouldn't refuse. The whole "what will it take to get you in this car today?" routine.

Tennessee is a better job. Traditionally and fan base. If the perfect storm happens here it’s a gold mine. If Tennessee ever even made (just) the Sugar Bowl the roof would blow!
I hear what you are saying. Really apples to oranges.
It’s a historically easier job, that’s for sure. But to a highly competitive and confident coach, it may not be better. Those types aren’t running to “easier”. They run from ceilings. And given recent history, and pending sanctions, Campbell’s ceiling is functionally just as high at Iowa St’s.

Is the fanbase better or just larger? Some would view Tennessee’s fanbase as a hindrance. Too many boosters to deal with, too many without perspective.

VN Store

Back