Iowa Football Players Put Fans On Notice

The live fan attendance for the SEC schools (with the exception of Vandy) still accounts for $30 to 100 Million dollars per school. That loss may not impact football but it's important to track, rowing, volleyball, gymnastics, etc.

Never stated otherwise, and we were speaking about football.

But you do make an interesting point, in that alums who choose not to make charitable donations adversely affects the entire athletic department, not just the football program.

Reactions: NashVol11
The live fan attendance for the SEC schools (with the exception of Vandy) still accounts for $30 to 100 Million dollars per school. That loss may not impact football but it's important to track, rowing, volleyball, gymnastics, etc.
You actually left out other programs the AD support. The band is the first one that comes to mind. The loss of donations means the loss of scholarships which means the loss of opportunities not just in sports but in other areas.

Reactions: feathersax
Ask the 20 year olds wanting to social media shame anyone that dares have a different opinion. Oh you said educated, sorry.
I think you are confusing some things. I've seen people shame racist. If you are racist you should not be ashamed. You should be loud and proud. That is the only shaming that I have seen done.

Nope. How can one be educated and be against an inclusive University? Ideally with education comes enlightenment, not the reverse.
Using the term “educated” is code word for establishment and in doing so demonstrates a bias toward other sects of the society. That is a form of hate and definitely ignores any thoughts of inclusion.
Society has made great strides in this last 50 years but it can not do anything to erase the hate or bigotry in an individual heart just like it can not prohibit the criminal act of one policeman, or the criminal activity of a street terrorist. We all condemn those actions and will never justify them.

I think you are confusing some things. I've seen people shame racist. If you are racist you should not be ashamed. You should be loud and proud. That is the only shaming that I have seen done.
The problem is that the shaming is not limited to racism, but to anyone who does not believe exactly the same way. And the other point is that the use of the term “racism” is projected unjustly to many people with moderate or conservative thinking regardless of their views on race. That term is often used to demote other’s opinions and and values.
As I said in a previous post, How can you expect equality when you are not willing to give equality? The use of labels and bias prohibits both

If you guys really think about it, all this racial stuff is put into our minds by TV and stuff during our whole lives? I didn't know as a kid anything about or thought about my best friend in kindergarten being black . He just looked different then me ,so everything is different , from balls color and shape , crayons, animals, boys and girls ,hell some tables at school were round,some where square . Never knew there was a issue till about third grade ..But racial stuff is always in movies ,TV shows ,music ,it's kinda like something is trying to make us hate each other and keep us divided.

Last edited:
Truth is dozens of white kids aren’t getting killed each weekend like black kids are in Chicago and more across the country. That is a fact no one wants to address. Many of these young men leave children to grow up w/o a father, the #1 factor causing poverty.

On this Web page we talk about a former UF player who was shot & killed, 41 years old, from the same culture. That has to change. Call it racism if you want but I think it’s racist to deny that is a huge problem.
Who’s doing all the killing of dozens of black kids every weekend on Chicago? Surely not every instance involves a cop?

Reactions: onevol74
Last edited:
zGHQb4O.gif
Keep busting out those GIFS Preacher man! I remember the night you figured out how to do it in a Gruden thread I believe . IIRC the old VN website before Freak retooled it was somewhat GIF unfriendly . I’m sure you don’t remember but you taught me how to put them up as well. Memories....
1593562388643.gif

Reactions: preacherwebb
If you guys really think about it, all this racial stuff is put into our minds by TV and stuff during our whole lives? I didn't know as a kid anything about or thought about my best friend in kindergarten being black . He just looked different then me ,so everything is different , from balls color and shape , crayons, animals, boys and girls ,hell some tables at school were round,some where square . Never knew there was a issue till about third grade ..But racial stuff is always in movies ,TV shows ,music ,it's kinda like something is trying to make us hate each other and keep us divided.

wait a minute! boys and girls are different? :eek:

If it was such a nightmare why in the hell didn’t he just transfer? Most of his complaints from his Facebook post are laughable.
Probably because some watered-down version of what he's alleging did happen, and it wasn't enough to lead him to transfer, but given the current climate he wants to come out and talk about it. It's also interesting that when he was there, he and his mom lobbied strongly to get his brother a scholarship.

Reactions: feathersax

Clearly racism is all a fantasy created by the media and entertainment industry.

VN Store

Back