Iowa Football Players Put Fans On Notice

The media wants civil unrest. Did you notice the increase in the number of commercials last week? I know the cost per minute skyrocketed. You think they would print anything that would limit this? The media has become a huge problem, freedom of the press run amuck!

The media covers civil unrest.

Not sure why that bothers anyone, seeing as how you can pick and choose which media outlet to follow. Don’t like CNN? Watch Fox. Hate MSNBC? Watch OANN.

The media covers civil unrest.

Not sure why that bothers anyone, seeing as how you can pick and choose which media outlet to follow. Don’t like CNN? Watch Fox. Hate MSNBC? Watch OANN.

They have been running an agenda of highlighting divisive issues for the last 5 years. The media outlets are either right or left and throw out propaganda 24 hours a day. The culmination of that is we are split right down the middle. This is not by accident. They have worked hard to get us to this point, of course they will all report it.

They have been running an agenda of highlighting divisive issues for the last 5 years. The media outlets are either right or left and throw out propaganda 24 hours a day. The culmination of that is we are split right down the middle. This is not by accident. They have worked hard to get us to this point, of course they will all report it.

There’s always Reuters or the Associated Press, if all you’re looking for is news without talking heads like Hannity, Lemon, Carlson or Maddow placing their “unique” spin on it.

Once you‘ve figure the end game for the cable news industry, you’re a fool to complain about it and yet still consume it.

Reactions: pricevol5
There’s always Reuters or the Associated Press, if all you’re looking for is news without talking heads like Hannity, Lemon, Carlson or Maddow placing their “unique” spin on it.

Once you‘ve figure the end game for the cable news industry, you’re a fool to complain about it and yet still consume it.

but so many are consuming it on a daily basis. Making them crazy! News overload!

Here’s where I disagree with you.

For me, the kneeling represents the idea that America is unquestionably the greatest country on this planet, but at the same time it’s not perfect. And it’s the greatest country on the planet because we have the freedom to speak out when our country falls short.

The “idea” of America is why our freedom to protest is so important, regardless of the cause, or if I agree with it.

And as an aside, if you’ve lived long enough there’s no way you can argue America has always been “just” to all of its citizens.

I think the general feeling (or perception) with a lot of the public is that kneeling during the anthem or in the presence of the flag is disrespecting the country you supposedly love enough in the first place to protest wrongs that need righted. People connect the flag and anthem to God, Country, and Military. I never saw any one, anywhere, say KP was wrong to protest. I saw many, including myself, disagree with the format and location of the protest. For example, one of my feelings was that he is working for a company that day. He is on company time to do company business. I, for one, cannot do such things on company time. 2nd, he made a sports game political. That rubbed people the wrong way. People tuned in to see a game, not a political statement. Just go do your job, like the rest of us. Do your other things on personal time. It's the resounding culture of the land. Many view it as un-American to kneel for the flag and anthem and react adversely to that. Be wise enough to know how to protest. If KP had chosen a different way to protest and bring light to wrongs, he would have been received completely different and still be working in the NFL. It's never wrong to fight a battle you believe in. Sometimes you just need to choose a better battlefield. The way I see it, if you are using the national anthem on national TV to kneel and do your protest, you are creating a "look at me" statement. If you really believe in what you want to protest, choose a better means to the end. And the Iowa players posting a blanket support us or FU statement when we do this, then they already lost their voice.

Why don't you stop reading this thread and mind you own business if it bothers you. I work in media, don't have a choice.

Lulz...so you’re using this thread to complain about your chosen line of work. Classic. 😂

You of all people should know what you signed up for....or, maybe you didn’t.

And nothing in this thread bothers me, it’s just opinions.

Lulz...so you’re using this thread to complain about your chosen line of work. Classic. 😂

You of all people should know what you signed up for....or, maybe you didn’t.

And nothing in this thread bothers me, it’s just opinions.

Must bother you because you took time to post again adding nothing to the conversation.

Reactions: onevol74
I did elaborate but you quoted that out of context.
So, let me start by saying that skin color is sacred.
I don’t think ideas are sacred. I don’t think culture is sacred. As a white person I condemn cracker culture. If you roll up in a lifted truck with a rebel flag, playing redneck music, then I’m going to have immediate negative opinions. Don’t like it? Tough ****.

As someone who has ministered in the inner city for 15 years I see cultures that are harmful and destructive. I’ve found that in many cases, questioning this culture is synonymous with questioning race.
I understand the rebel flag but “Redneck Music” ? What artists qualify as Redneck music in your opinion?

I'm no fan of entitlements but I am sure there are more white people getting entitlements than black, so I do not see entitlements just as a 'black community' thing. And there are just as many white people that are covered in tats, have piercings all over their face and body and have wild hair styles dyed in all different colors. So I do not see that as just a black community thing.

You speak as if profiling is a bad thing.
I’m looking for some entitlements to come my way. After 12 years of rotten luck, I’ll take anything.

And do you know how many white people there are vs black? There are about 160 million more white people than black in the USA.

In 2016 black people killed white people 533 times while white people killed black people 243 times. Those are the FBI's stats and only include murders committed by one person.

Last edited:
People shouldn’t be ashamed for things they had nothing to do with

and I for one, am not...lots of stupid stuff has occured during the history of the world. I have done enough on my own to be ashamed of but i darn sure ain't ashamed of what someone else did in another time.....angry, appalled, confused yes...but not ashamed.

Well dadgum! So it's the media who stirred up this ruckus. And here I been told it was the Democrats.

I understand the rebel flag but “Redneck Music” ? What artists qualify as Redneck music in your opinion?
You’re missing my point. I’m saying most of the judgments that are taken as racism are not based on race at all, but on how a person dresses, talks, behaves, etc.
when I judge this redneck (and I do) it has nothing to do with their skin color.

A better analogy would be if a UT player took a knee right next to you, because chances are you couldn’t avoid it.

Some dude dropping ass all game is likely to offend the entire section he’s sitting in.

A player silently taking a knee on the field won’t offend you unless you choose to let it offend you...especially if you’re sitting in Section NN. You’re closer to God than the guy kneeling.
Amazing.. You know more about Neyland stadium than most here.. LOL Hate to admit it, but you belong...

You’re missing my point. I’m saying most of the judgments that are taken as racism are not based on race at all, but on how a person dresses, talks, behaves, etc.
when I judge this redneck (and I do) it has nothing to do with their skin color.

I have to respectfully disagree. A person's dress may help in some instances, but a lot of people are judged by their skin color first. I was reading about people at Fenway park throwing slurs at Adam Jones in 2017. He had on the same uniform as the other players right? Remember the UK fan caught on tape dropping slurs at UT fans after the game they lost. She was mad they were UT fans but went after their skin when she made her comments.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back