Interesting stuff from Alex Golesh

So useless nonsense propaganda
No he was specific.

Last year was about teaching them the nee system.

This year they are mastering it. Several individual players are expected to step up as they have put in the necessary work in the offseason to put them in a position to be better.

So useless nonsense propaganda
Well, maybe more like prototypical off-season happy talk, propaganda implies an intent to deceive. They probably believe it, but since it happens virtually every year with nearly every team in America, as you state, it's not exactly a reliable indicator of anything, one way or another.

Well, maybe more like prototypical off-season happy talk, propaganda implies an intent to deceive. They probably believe it, but since it happens virtually every year with nearly every team in America, as you state, it's not exactly a reliable indicator of anything, one way or another.
Or maybe it is accurate belief of the coaches who are in charge of our offense. We will find out by the end of September.

Volnatic

UT Fan In Cardinal Land
no coach ever says “we haven’t improved a damn bit this whole summer. We’re probably going to lose a lot of games. Don’t shoot the messenger.”

Or maybe it is accurate belief of the coaches who are in charge of our offense. We will find out by the end of September.
I said "they probably believe it". Sometimes this kind of happy talk is true, sometimes it isn't, it's just not a good predictor of anything because you hear variants of it every year from every team. We could hear it this year and go 6-6, then some more will come out next summer and we'd go 11-1, then more the next summer and 9-3, etc. The team that ends up going 0-8 in the conference will have had off-season happy talk as will the one who goes 8-0, it's a constant, regardless of what team you follow. At some point we'll get the standard fair happy talk that the defense is playing faster and more aggressive, it may be true or it may not, but it's coming and if you read other teams boards this summer you'll see the same kind of thing there. I'm not being negative on our team, I'm just saying happy talk generally is not predictive of much, having seen the cycle repeat each summer for the 35+ years I have followed the game.

VN Store