Interesting Men's BB Stat

salsahound

In basketball recruiting, the Vols were not in the Top 25 in ESPN's rankings in 2011 and 2012. They were also not in the Top 40 rankings from 2013-2018 and currently not in the Top 25 for 2019. Our coaches are doing an excellent job with what they have. This is amazing to me. Hats off to Coach Barnes and staff.

Basketball is one sport where constantly grabbing elite recruits does not necessarily guarantee long-term health of a program. "One-and-done" actually encourages programs with a long view of success to not try and load up with elite talent so as to insure you aren't constantly replacing talent that leaves early.

And yet ranked #3 in the polls and still projected as a 2 seed i the latest bracketology. No respect. That keeps our guys hungry.

TWO seed?? Right now we should be projected as #1 in the South. I don't get it. My top 4 seeds are: Kansas (MW), Duke (east), UT (South), Gonzaga (West)

Again... that is right NOW. As in real time.

In basketball recruiting, the Vols were not in the Top 25 in ESPN's rankings in 2011 and 2012. They were also not in the Top 40 rankings from 2013-2018 and currently not in the Top 25 for 2019. Our coaches are doing an excellent job with what they have. This is amazing to me. Hats off to Coach Barnes and staff.

It's the old adage of one and dones vs. guys that stick with the program and develop their skills. That's why it will look like men vs. boys when we play some teams.

Grant is also just a Junior...Sucks we lose Admiral though, but this team will be fun to watch next year as well.

Only Admiral & Alexander leave via graduation. Not sure if any Juniors plan to leave early... hopefully not.

VN Store

Back