Interesting development from Missouri State Lady Bears country

Thanks for doing the research, everyone. She looks like she'd be hard to push around under the basket, and apparently likes playing defense, so she'll make some team a nice addition -- especially if she goes somewhere with a strong pre-season conditioning program. Hope she has a great career!
From that film I saw, she appears to have more skills down low than any player we have had in a few years. She has a good handle, can hit lay ups which most of our inside players could not, plays defense, has mid range jumper, can run the floor, and seems to have fun playing the game. In my opinion, she would be a welcome addition to the team. However, I did not see where she or anyone else had mentioned that she was interested in Tennessee.

She doesn't look Div 1 to me. She is very slow. Div 2 is where she needs to be for sure ..

Whew! Lighten up, folks! As I’ve said a couple of times now, I only posted about Scott because of her former connection to Kellie and that she was coincidentally now availabe, and had NO idea what kind of player she was or whether she was even remotely on anybody’s radar. I was not suggesting she become our next Lady Vol, nor was I suggesting that anyone on our staff even consider it.

I just thought, “Hey, we’re bored in here and need something to do. I’ll see if, just for fun, someone is willing to dig up some info. We’ll talk about it for an hour, wish her luck, and move on.” But noooooo, some folks either don’t read to everything before commenting, or just take everything way too seriously.

It was a time filler. That’s it.

As a Junior, Katie Scott averaged 21.5 points and 8.5 rebounds, and in the video she shot away from the basket, could dribble and drive to the basket, as well as had several assists. She looks good to me.

Reactions: mlindsay
From that film I saw, she appears to have more skills down low than any player we have had in a few years. She has a good handle, can hit lay ups which most of our inside players could not, plays defense, has mid range jumper, can run the floor, and seems to have fun playing the game. In my opinion, she would be a welcome addition to the team. However, I did not see where she or anyone else had mentioned that she was interested in Tennessee.

It's a highlight reel that only shows the good plays.

I'm sure she will be a good addition to a team somewhere, but she does not look like the kind of player that I envision Kellie targeting.

No kidding. Gee, I thought that was her entire season. Of course it was highlight film. I doubt anyone would post their worst plays for review. Her highlight was better than most of the plays I have seen of from our post players from the last two years. One would think that if/when she get in better physical condition and has the benefit of decent coaching, she will be able to defend the rim, hit a large percent of her layups, and pass the ball from the high post. She may even be able to cut off the baseline and stop drives down the lane; something that was seldom done the last two years.

No kidding. Gee, I thought that was her entire season. Of course it was highlight film. I doubt anyone would post their worst plays for review. Her highlight was better than most of the plays I have seen of from our post players from the last two years. One would think that if/when she get in better physical condition and has the benefit of decent coaching, she will be able to defend the rim, hit a large percent of her layups, and pass the ball from the high post. She may even be able to cut off the baseline and stop drives down the lane; something that was seldom done the last two years.

She was playing low level competition and everything looked like it was in slow motion. If you think she's anywhere close to being of the caliber that could provide meaningful minutes against SEC competition, then I don't know what to say...other than you have low standards.

She was playing low level competition and everything looked like it was in slow motion. If you think she's anywhere close to being of the caliber that could provide meaningful minutes against SEC competition, then I don't know what to say...other than you have low standards.
Many have said the same about some overweight players at Vandy and Georgia who have eaten our lunch in the last few years.

Guys, I have looked at her highlight film several times now...She does not look physically like the player that the LVs usually have on their roster.....But the girl can play basketball...She shoots and passes, as well as anyone now on this team. If she were to lose between 15-20 lbs. she could be a real tiger...

The SEC is made up of a lot of fast twitch young ladies that are known for their speed, both on offense and defense. Is she fast enough to compete? I have no idea.

Many have said the same about some overweight players at Vandy and Georgia who have eaten our lunch in the last few years.

Courtney Paris is still enjoying a professional basketball career.

And, Volinvonore? I don't know if you were going for the double meaning, but I laughed out loud when I read the phrase "who have eaten our lunch the last few years" in your comment about overweight players. LOL!

VN Store

Back