Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

He needs to stop with the excuses for the start of the season.

Not that anyone cares, but I agree. Along the same lines guys like you and I should probably try to put it behind us. He screwed up. Really, really bad. But so have I, in more important things than football. I’ll likely continue to hold that grudge for a while yet, but the wins and the improved team attitude and effort is slowly bringing me around.

and those fans are dumb. they dont understand what's going on and expected overnight success. basically they should go be fans of another team

You may have a point. Some of us may indeed be dumb. But we are still Vol fans even if we disagree with you.

does he need too? think about what he's done in 2 years with no line and a former 0-8 sec team. and butch brought in good classes, yet....

As long as you're happy with 8 or 9 wins a year and Taxslayer/Liberty bowl berths being the ceiling for his program, no I guess he doesn't. If you really think we're going to compete with Georgia, Florida, LSU, and Alabama for the SEC with recruiting classes not cracking the top 10 then you are seriously naive. I don't know what Pruitt needs to do to kick it in gear with recruiting but he needs to act sooner rather than later.

I don't know what Pruitt needs to do to kick it in gear with recruiting but he needs to act sooner rather than later.

...don't end one season getting blown out by a mediocre Mizzou and bad Vandy squad and then start the season losing to Georgia State and BYU. That combined with a predictable skid with losses to Florida, UGA, etc.... we lost a lot of steam.

Had we ended Year 1 7-5 or 6-6 and then Year 2 9-3, we'd be doing much better.

...don't end one season getting blown out by a mediocre Mizzou and bad Vandy squad and then start the season losing to Georgia State and BYU. That combined with a predictable skid with losses to Florida, UGA, etc.... we lost a lot of steam.

That's part of it but I can't help but feel like something else isn't right. I don't know if there's a certain disconnect between recruits and some of the recruiters on our staff or what. But Tennessee should never be anything worse than top 15 in the country in recruiting for a staff that's trying hard enough. Even Butch Jones managed to pull in a top 10 class after going 5-7 and that was like our 3 straight losing season.

He’s just pointing out the fact, and how it shows how far we’ve come. Kind of a weird flex, seems like he’s trying to convince Very one of how well he’s done. I’m ok with it.

Seriously? Tenn started the year off in a bad way and this team showed fight in every game save Florida which we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Ga when hung tough until the 4th, Bama save the goal line debacle, UT makes that a one score game and the closest game bama has had to play and 6 out of 7? UT has played some ball. Give credit where it's due..... but don't down grade this team. How about you root for another team and leave the real UT fans to pull for our team..... doesn't sound like your are one.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Oxymoron . . . You are a huge supporter . . . He has much more to prove . . . Sounds more like you support him conditionally as long as he meets your demands. Got it buttercup . . .

GBO

Umm I hate it beak it too you but that‘s the way things work in the real world. If he doesn’t meet expectations he loses support and gets ran.

Umm I hate it beak it too you but that‘s the way things work in the real world. If he doesn’t meet expectations he loses support and gets ran.

Your support is not as important as you think dumplin' . . . Nor does your judgement of how CJP performs . . . Let us know when you make it into the real world . . .

GBO

Asked about how far the program has come...

"Unless you were here the first day that I walked in this building, I don't think you understand how far we actually have come. Coach Fulmer was here. It's a long ways. I can assure you that."

I can only imagine. Fired previous AD and coaching staff, the search went even worse than imaginable... I’m sure they weren’t skipping into the building singing zippidy doo dah!

Oxymoron . . . You are a huge supporter . . . He has much more to prove . . . Sounds more like you support him conditionally as long as he meets your demands. Got it buttercup . . .

GBO
Hell, we are all like that with every single coach we have... Are you really going to support a coach if he doesn't win? I like Pruitt and his tendency to always be looking at what isn't working. We haven't lost in a month and a half, when's the last time we could say that when it wasn't the off season?

Reactions: 99Vol and FïreBall
Hell, we are all like that with every single coach we have... Are you really going to support a coach if he doesn't win? I like Pruitt and his tendency to always be looking at what isn't working. We haven't lost in a month and a half, when's the last time we could say that when it wasn't the off season?

Actually I was pointing out the hipocracy, supporting a coach while winning and trashing the same coach when losing. Yet we have very little input in their evaluations, hiring or firing - one exception, Schiano.

Pruitt has a grace period, the same as the others prior . . . . And we have very little input . . .

GBO

About the only thing that doesn't count is if a walk-on is given a vacant scholly!

Pru is bringing quality walk-ons and awarding full tickets to some of them. PWOs might not become a big asset but they might very well make some positive difference in rebuilding the team to full strength.

Reactions: MikeVol44
He’s just pointing out the fact, and how it shows how far we’ve come. Kind of a weird flex, seems like he’s trying to convince Very one of how well he’s done. I’m ok with it.

Well...just how good is going from 0-8 to 5-3 in the SEC in 2 years??

CJP has the VOLS above .500 in the SEC for only the 2nd time since 2007.

You ______'s might just want to think about that before you continue finding fault with our Head Ball Coach...

SMH

Asked about how far the program has come...

"Unless you were here the first day that I walked in this building, I don't think you understand how far we actually have come. Coach Fulmer was here. It's a long ways. I can assure you that."
I'll wait til next year to see how we start. That'll tell me all I need to know about how far the team has come.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I honestly believe it when they say JG is the better of the 3 presnap. Is on the other 2 to get there. These extra practices should help. Can't hurt having 30 additional practices before next year's fall camp

U do realize we only scored 14 points as a result of jg performance. 2 long runs by gray, accounted for the other 14 that jg just handed off to. And that is against vandy. Jg is just too inconsistant. Had it not been for those two long runs we barely squeak out a win.

I honestly believe it when they say JG is the better of the 3 presnap. Is on the other 2 to get there. These extra practices should help. Can't hurt having 30 additional practices before next year's fall camp

U do realize we only scored 14 points as a result of jg performance. 2 long runs by gray, accounted for the other 14 that jg just handed off to. And that is against vandy. Jg is just too inconsistant. Had it not been for those two long runs we barely squeak out a win.

And the coaches have stated that JG gives us the best opportunities. That's not saying he still can't complete a screen pass and doesn't still throw behind receivers. The other two are just not there yet. Doesn't mean they can't get there. These additional practices along with spring practice will be very good for the young guys.

VN Store

Back