Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

He needs to stop with the excuses for the start of the season.
Which is preferable, starting the season ranked such as Texas and finishing with same record as us, or finishing strong as the real UT is doing? I have always preferred closers in horse racing as well.

Reactions: FlVols
I'm with you my piggy friend.

I have caught crap for saying this in other threads; our record is 7-5... but this is not a 7-5 team. Talent wise we are a solid 6-6.
What sense does this make? Nonsensical. We won 7 games, which didn’t include 2 games that we clearly should’ve won because we had a talent advantage. I think you have it completely backward....we were a 9-win team based off our talent that only won 7. The 3 games that we should’ve lost, and did, due to not having enough talent were Florida, Georgia and Alabama.

As I posted...OPINION. Ours don’t mesh. Straightest shooter we’ve had at HC since maybe Majors...and Johnny would throw some riddles at you.

It's not my opinion that Pruitt did and said the things I listed, it's a fact. And if you think Butch wouldn't be criticized for those same things, then I guess that's where we diverge. But it does make me wonder if we have been reading the same posts.

What sense does this make? Nonsensical. We won 7 games, which didn’t include 2 games that we clearly should’ve won because we had a talent advantage. I think you have it completely backward....we were a 9-win team based off our talent that only won 7. The 3 games that we should’ve lost, and did, due to not having enough talent were Florida, Georgia and Alabama.

Exactly right. We UNDER-achieved this year. But some of y'all go right on being "proud" of this team if it makes you feel better. I'd rather live in reality.

I don't think we have....We lost to S. Carolina the last time we beat Mizzou at home when Dobbs ran wild....

You have to go all the way back to 2015. That was the 9-4 year in which our losses were by a combined total of 17 points. We were really only a few plays from having a great year.

You guys are so sensitive.

Us sensitive . . . You're the one announcing your skepticism of CJP and he must personally meet certain criteria to earn your "support" . . . . I guess I missed CJP's statement where he "gives a rats arse" about you or your demands . . .

Get over yourself buttercup.

GBO

It's not my opinion that Pruitt did and said the things I listed, it's a fact. And if you think Butch wouldn't be criticized for those same things, then I guess that's where we diverge. But it does make me wonder if we have been reading the same posts.
Your interpretation vs mine...FACT

I don’t disagree. At the same time, you are what your record says you are and we beat the teams in front of us, four of them as underdogs.

That's incorrect, I learned last week that only counts if *your win number is less than *your loss number.

*affects Tennessee Volunteers only.

Us sensitive . . . You're the one announcing your skepticism of CJP and he must personally meet certain criteria to earn your "support" . . . . I guess I missed CJP's statement where he "gives a rats arse" about you or your demands . . .

Get over yourself buttercup.

GBO
Earn my support? Hell I’m his biggest supporter, because if he does well we do well.

It doesn’t mean I have to gush all over him like a smitten school girl, the man still has a lot to prove.

Reactions: Obsessed
Attrition. Several medical retirements like Kirkland. Several transfers. Some just quit.

We just won 6 of 7 games playing teams with 20 something more players than us

That's an extra player for every starting position on both sides of the ball...that would only be 22. Think about that.

CJP should be coach of the year. Most other years he would have been. LSU is great though. Wont happen this year. I think we have 62? Out of 85 scholarship players allowed. Amazing.

Bad thing is with the new hard cap on recruiting it will be several years before we have a full boat. Probably 3....

Butch signed 30 players his first season. Pruitt can only sign 25 period.

^^^^^^^^ THIS

He needs to stop with the excuses for the start of the season.

The improvement of this team since the beginning of the year is the storyline for the season. He’s going to get asked questions.

Pruitt: “I’m sorry media. I cannot answer those questions. I understand that they of are interest, but the beginning of the season has been ruled ‘inexcusable’ by VolNation, and any answer I give can only be interpreted as an excuse. It’s a paradox if you will.”

Then he mic drops, flips up his hood and walks out like a boss.

Reactions: butchna
Exactly right. We UNDER-achieved this year. But some of y'all go right on being "proud" of this team if it makes you feel better. I'd rather live in reality.
Everybody knows we started off like crap. GaState loss was inexcusable, BYU was 100% won until Alontae single-handedly lost the game with 15 seconds to go. Awful start, we got it.

But if you’re still pissed about that given how we played Georgia for 3 quarters, how we played Alabama for 50+ minutes and for winning 6 of our last 7 games, then fine, we underachieved, be miserable.

It was wacky season, should be sitting at 9-3 right now, no doubt. But there’s a lot to be proud of from this team with the way the hung together, fought hard, improved a lot and finished on a very positive note.

Earn my support? Hell I’m his biggest supporter, because if he does well we do well.

It doesn’t mean I have to gush all over him like a smitten school girl, the man still has a lot to prove.

Oxymoron . . . You are a huge supporter . . . He has much more to prove . . . Sounds more like you support him conditionally as long as he meets your demands. Got it buttercup . . .

GBO

Reactions: lexkyvol
No I didn’t.

Sorry but the guy still has a lot of work to do before I fall in love with him.
and those fans are dumb. they dont understand what's going on and expected overnight success. basically they should go be fans of another team

VN Store

Back