Interesting Bobby Knight Article

General Jack

Vorschlaghammer
The following was from the Austin (TX) American-Stateman newspaper last Friday, March 18.

Knight's not California dreaming

Rumors continue to fly that Texas Tech caoch Bobby Knight is frustrated because he can't recruit All-Americans to Lubbock and disappointed the Red Raiders don't average more than 11,000 fans per home game.

"I'm getting a little tired of that," Knight said. "One of the jobs I was rumored to be interested in - I'd quite before I'd take that job."

That would be Southern Cal.

"We're too damn country to go to California," said Knight's son Pat, the associate coach.

"But he may have one more move left in him. Whoever that school is, they'd better come full throttle. He does get upset about the crowd sometimes. We'll have a nonconference game and draw 5,000. I tell him, 'Hey, we're not in Indiana.'

"But it's been a good move. It's energized him."

Pat Knight said his dad smiled when Ohio State knocked off unbeaten Illinois on March 6. Knight's 1976 Indiana team is still the last to go undefeated.

"Well," Bob Knight told his son, "it looks like Ted Williams and I are still safe."

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 21, 2005 7:31 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm.....cant get any more country than good ol' tennessee.

:lol: Look at some of the states on Tennessee's borders... Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri. Face it. Tennessee is a beacon of civilization in the midst of a bunch of folks too country to get sivilized.

Bottom line is that Texas Tech sucks! There is way too much competiton around there for Knight to get the players that he wants there. Does anyone really think that Knight would happy finishing there?

All reasons are evident that he'll at least look into coaching Tennessee. He can recruit here, UT fans will flock to the TBA to watch, SEC atmosphere is the best atmosphere to be in for sports.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Mar 22, 2005 7:12 AM
All reasons are evident that he'll at least look into coaching Tennessee. He can recruit here, UT fans will flock to the TBA to watch, SEC atmosphere is the best atmosphere to be in for sports.

I think its obvious he is considering the job. He just cant and doesnt want to say anything while his current team is making a run. If he can turn TTU into a winner, then he could do more at Tennessee. PLus the fans would flock the stands just to watch him coach. Just because he is Bobby Knight. But I wonder how he would feel coaching at a football school? He would probably like it since it would take a good bit of the spotlight off of him.

I really think he could turn TBA into a tough place to play. Opening game we would out 18,000 minimum in TBA. 1st conference or first big game, I can see that place getting very loud. I think we are more intruiging than the other options out there.

If Hamilton is truly serious in his pursuit of Knight, he'd better be sure and mention all the lakes in east Tennessee for fishing and the deer hunting around Knoxville.

Knight is a big outdoorsman and would lured by the bass and deer readily available in east Tennessee.

Originally posted by milohimself+Mar 21, 2005 11:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Mar 21, 2005 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@Mar 21, 2005 7:31 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm.....cant get any more country than good ol&#39; tennessee.

:lol: Look at some of the states on Tennessee&#39;s borders... Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri. Face it. Tennessee is a beacon of civilization in the midst of a bunch of folks too country to get sivilized. [/quote]
Watch it Milo we are civilized her in Bama and not everyone lives in the country&#33;&#33; :angry:

Originally posted by QBvol7@Mar 22, 2005 9:40 AM
But I wonder how he would feel coaching at a football school? He would probably like it since it would take a good bit of the spotlight off of him.

Texas Tech is a football school. Granted, they don&#39;t have the tradition of a football school like us, but their main sport is football. Their men&#39;s bball program was bottom of the barrell before Knight brought it up.

Secondly, I think Knight draws the spotlight wherever he would be. He&#39;s a future Hall of Famer. Too many people out there who are critical of him, they want to follow his success or failure anywhere.

Yep, TT is a football school and were much worse at b-ball than us before he got there. Truly an amazing turn around.

I am all for Knight, he could bring an excitement to Tennessee basketball not seen since the late 70s (before I can remember...).

V4L, where have you been lately? I figured you&#39;d be happy to chime in on the BK subject. And don&#39;t lie, you know you weren&#39;t even alive before the "late 70&#39;s&#33;" :p

Better question: would you fly to K-town to see the Bobunteers vs. Kentucky game?

I&#39;d love a reason to fly to K-town for a b-ball game&#33; In my mind, Knight would be one of the few reasons to make the trip.

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@Mar 22, 2005 1:50 PM
In my mind, Knight would be one of the few reasons to make the trip.

I feel so slighted. :shakehead:

Kiddie, Get a room man&#33; This must be a first. A budding romance over a Bobby Knight post.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Mar 22, 2005 3:20 PM
Kiddie, Get a room man&#33; This must be a first. A budding romance over a Bobby Knight post.

:eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol:

Sorry, kd, couldn&#39;t help myself...

Oh no, this "romance" started WAY before anyone ever dreamed of Bobby Knight in Tennessee. Half the kids on this board were probably still wearing diapers when V4L and I met&#33;

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Mar 22, 2005 4:42 PM
Oh no, this "romance" started WAY before anyone ever dreamed of Bobby Knight in Tennessee. Half the kids on this board were probably still wearing diapers when V4L and I met&#33;

:eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back