Instant impact players of 2021

How big is William Mohan? Where do people see him lining up?

Kid looks explosive...a head hunter.
From what I've read, at least for now he'll serve like a Swiss army knife. Tim Banks sometimes uses a 4-2-5 defense that employs a STAR which is a hybrid linebacker/safety. Seems Mohan might possess the skills to serve in that role,
Then, there's this,
"Mohan likely possesses the least impact potential for 2021 of the crowded transfer room in terms of immediate impact. This is not an indictment of his overall potential, but the 6'1", 205lbs linebacker still has room to grow and develop. It would not surprise me if Mohan exceeded these expectations as his long-term potential is undeniable, as he possesses all of the necessary tools to succeed at a high level. He could find himself in situational roles this fall, similar to how Roman Harrison did as a freshman. Mohan's added special teams value will still allow him to find the field plenty and create his own opportunities in 2021."
Here's the link:
Ranking Tennessee Football's Incoming Transfers Ahead of the 2021 Season

Last edited:
And Jaylen Wright is my newcomer to watch on offense. Legitimate track speed that this staff will know how to use. Going to be many LB losing sleep on Friday nights worrying about trying to cover him out of the backfield.

I see a lot of room for improvement. QB almost has to be better than last year by default, I don't think we'll see any drop off from RB or WR, I expect the Offensive line to have a better scheme. As for defense, EDGE looks like it will be better (Young and Baron), CB and safety should be better with some luck on the health front, and hopefully LB doesn't drop off any. Mitchell could be the guy at LB, or at least we hope he is.

For me it has got to be the transfer linebackers. They have to be good. If they aren’t, we’re going to have a bad time.

Reactions: LittleVol
Hopefully one the the freshman Defensive linemen will break out and have a pretty good yr until they can get more talent up there on the D line...

I want him running the ball. Our own little Derrick Henry.
I can see him as an effective wildcat option also. He could take off running, pass the ball or hand off and step upfield to catch a pass. Defensive nightmare. Does have the look of one of those Bama backs that run over defenders and rack up the yards. I'd be satisfied with just that also.

We need a freak of nature off the edge...think Adkins, White, Barnett

Yep, that one position can totally turn a D around. Make's DB's look better, pressure leads to Interceptions & Sacks the O gets more opportunities.
If we could get play close to 1 of the 3 you mentioned. It would go a long way in getting this thing turned around.

VN Store

Back