Insane Opportunity in 2019...

I think we will take 8-10 from in state and try to pull some elite blue chippers from around the country to fill the other 10-12 spots.

Moving forward.

The State of Tennessee is only behind GA and FLA as far as Southern States is concerned in football talent.

Because there are more people in Tennessee now.

Its that simple.

Louisiana
Alabama
North Carolina are all close.

But look for Tennessee to pull away from them over the next 5 years...

Reactions: 1 person
Lance Wilhoite WR 4*
Maurice Hampton CB 4*(currently committed to LSU)
Bill Norton DE 4*
Woodi Washington CB 4*
Shamar Nash WR 4*
Joseph Anderson DE 4*
Trey Knox WR 4*
Ani Izuchukwu DE 4*
TJ Sheffield WR 4*
Wesley Walker CB 4*
Kendrell Scurry WR 4*
Eric Gregory DE 4*
Eric Gray 4* RB
Jashon Watkins 4* ATH
Kane Patterson LB 4*
Jackson Lampley OL 4* (Tennessee Commit)
Adonis Otey CB 4*
Jackson Hannah 4*

These are all from our state. In years past, Tennessee state talent has been lacking, but by my count 247 has 18 4* players from the state of Tennessee. If Pruitt wants to start winning, he needs to fence in our state. We are beginning to have solid talent here in our own backyard, and they don't need to be going elsewhere.

2019 can be an incredible Tennessee based class. Yesterday was a bummer, BUT....a solid foundation to start with. For comparison, Tennessee only had a total of 13 players in this years class ranked 4-5*.

Build the fence. Build the program.

There are only 8 seniors on this team. So, how do we get to the point of signing all that we need?????

There are only 8 seniors on this team. So, how do we get to the point of signing all that we need?????

There's always a mass exodus when a new coach comes in. Some of these players and their styles are not gonna work with the new staff. Some of the ones who were pampered by Butch are gonna be rode by Pruitt. I have a feeling that's why some left early for the draft. Some were legit, but there will be some attrition.

Lance Wilhoite WR 4*
Maurice Hampton CB 4*(currently committed to LSU)
Bill Norton DE 4*
Woodi Washington CB 4*
Shamar Nash WR 4*
Joseph Anderson DE 4*
Trey Knox WR 4*
Ani Izuchukwu DE 4*
TJ Sheffield WR 4*
Wesley Walker CB 4*
Kendrell Scurry WR 4*
Eric Gregory DE 4*
Eric Gray 4* RB
Jashon Watkins 4* ATH
Kane Patterson LB 4*
Jackson Lampley OL 4* (Tennessee Commit)
Adonis Otey CB 4*
Jackson Hannah 4*

These are all from our state. In years past, Tennessee state talent has been lacking, but by my count 247 has 18 4* players from the state of Tennessee. If Pruitt wants to start winning, he needs to fence in our state. We are beginning to have solid talent here in our own backyard, and they don't need to be going elsewhere.

2019 can be an incredible Tennessee based class. Yesterday was a bummer, BUT....a solid foundation to start with. For comparison, Tennessee only had a total of 13 players in this years class ranked 4-5*.

Build the fence. Build the program.

Does not mean Pruitt wants them all. If you haven't noticed already he's going nationwide for talent. I bet we only snag 25% on this list. The rest will come elsewhere.

UT Vols coach says Memphis will be 'our city'

This is a interview that CJP did in Memphis yesterday. He mentions numbers in the state.

I didn't realize Helton and Rumph coached together at Memphis in 04 and 05. Seems like every coach has worked together with at least one other coach at some point other than maybe RG and DJ. That will probably help with quickly establishing culture and chemistry among the coaching staff.

I didn't realize Helton and Rumph coached together at Memphis in 04 and 05. Seems like every coach has worked together with at least one other coach at some point other than maybe RG and DJ. That will probably help with quickly establishing culture and chemistry among the coaching staff.

I read yesterday that Fitz is the only guy that didn't have any ties to any of our staff. CJP said when he was calling around his name kept popping up. Fitz said he could come to Tuscaloosa for the interview. CJP said he knew after that and the interview, he was the right guy. Then after he hired him several people called to tell him it was a homerun hire. FWIW

Reactions: 2 people
I read yesterday that Fitz is the only guy that didn't have any ties to any of our staff. CJP said when he was calling around his name kept popping up. Fitz said he could come to Tuscaloosa for the interview. CJP said he knew after that and the interview, he was the right guy. Then after he hired him several people called to tell him it was a homerun hire. FWIW

Yeah I think he'll be great here too.

Feel really good about his hiring.

VN Store

Back