Incentive for the 'bama game

bigorangepoppa

I just happened to catch a little of the 2021 Tennessee-'bama game on ESPNU this morning, and it reminded me of something Saban said during the post game interview, and to me, it seemed like he was really making fun of Tennessee. The reporter asked him how he felt after the win, and he said a few words and then said "hey, we just beat Tennessee" in what I thought was a condescending way, and if that was enough, a few comments later, just before he left the field, he once again said, "and hey, we beat Tennessee" both times with a kind of smirk. I hope the coaching staff shows that interview on the jumbotron during Alabama week on a loop, so the team sees hope much he disrespected Tennessee.

OrangeBeachVol

So what if its bulletin board material. if a team is better than you I don't think it really matters. Still have a ways to go before we close the talent gap on
Bama. Hate to say this but its reality. Would love nothing more to beat them.

jwilliams

I remember him being somewhat complementary. I thought he said something like, "That's not the same team we played last year."

Nobody talks about this, but the Alabama game last year was the most deceiving box score we had all year. It was a one score game early in the fourth.

wmcovol

It takes a special group of guys that just says it stops here. They’ll have to be very good ( Jimbo caught lightning in a bottle beating saban with pretty much an average team) and they’ll have to mentally & physically tough (gotta win the critical downs in the 4th Qtr).

This isn’t much different that what Dickey faced in 1966 & ‘67 trying to beat Bear. Bear had won 3 NCs in the 60s already and had 125 players on scholarships. But Doug Dickey & that bunch found a way. (WITH HIS TOP 2 QBs out of the game in 1967)

unfrozencvmanvol

Your world frightens and confuses me
It takes a special group of guys that just says it stops here. They’ll have to be very good ( Jimbo caught lightning in a bottle beating saban with pretty much an average team) and they’ll have to mentally & physically tough (gotta win the critical downs in the 4th Qtr).

This isn’t much different that what Dickey faced in 1966 & ‘67 trying to beat Bear. Bear had won 3 NCs in the 60s already and had 125 players on scholarships. But Doug Dickey & that bunch found a way. (WITH HIS TOP 2 QBs out of the game in 1967)
A&M had the 8th most talented team in CFB last year on the team talent composite. They just seemed average because Jimbo went 8-4 with them anyway.

peaygolf

The "Fly" is open.....Let's Go Peay!!!!

Bubba Wyche!

A legend because of one week!

peaygolf

The "Fly" is open.....Let's Go Peay!!!!
Bubba beat Ga Tech (back then probably Tennessee’s 3rd biggest annual rival behind Ala & Aub) & Alabama) the week before. Then he was the starting QB for the Cotton Bowl Vols of 1968. A very underrated QB in Tennessee football history.
Absolutely....Just meant that week made him "remembered" forever

tnutater

Nobody talks about this, but the Alabama game last year was the most deceiving box score we had all year. It was a one score game early in the fourth.[/QUOTE]

People talk about a 52-24 loss when the fat lady sang.
It was a curb stomping. 4 TDs.
I am pleased that you at least tried to hide claiming a moral victory calling it "most deceiving box score". A lot of the posters do not show that courtesy.

VolPack22

Jessica Alba is my wife

We had them beat in 2009 and 2015. Tennessee things happened unfortunately.

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
After Bama defeated Ol’ Miss (who had won the year before) in a closely contested game, Nick Saban was asked what was the key to Bama’s victory. He replied, “Neyland’s maxims.” It’s difficult to find anything redemptive in Saban. That was one of the rare moments.

VN Store