In state recruiting.

Tennessee's in-state talent has improved.
But think about this.

- Was there a Wanya Morris in TN?
- A Roman Harrison??
- A Warren Burrell??
And Jerrod Means is more talented than ANY in-state wr this year.

We're getting good in-state guys. It's when we lose Tee Higgins Von Bell Jaylen Ramsey Cade Mays type players that there's a problem! And...that wasn't the case this year...

Did not know Means was this talented when I made this statement.

I think there is case to be made with Tennessee now having a slightly larger population ( about 7 million) than surrounding states just playing the numbers game we ought have additional P5 players than the state once produced. Bama only has 5 million people, Mississippi has 3 million, Louisiana doesn't have 5 million. The states of Florida, Georgia, and Texas are where the larger populations are hence, that's where the bulk of the players are. The state of Alabama imports a lot of high school kids, has to as their population does not support the number of P5 players that claim that as their home state.

I think there is case to be made with Tennessee now having a slightly larger population ( about 7 million) than surrounding states just playing the numbers game we ought have additional P5 players than the state once produced. Bama only has 5 million people, Mississippi has 3 million, Louisiana doesn't have 5 million. The states of Florida, Georgia, and Texas are where the larger populations are hence, that's where the bulk of the players are. The state of Alabama imports a lot of high school kids, has to as their population does not support the number of P5 players that claim that as their home state.
When Tennessee wins we also enjoy great media exposure since we border 8 states. The problem right now is there is very little loyalty to the state school here. Not sure we even dominate East Tennessee right now.

Nashville/WillCo/M’Boro will be a major hotbed of recruiting in 5-10 yrs. Much like Atlanta, Charlotte, New Orleans.

UT needs to have a serious foundation in place in the area. Relationships with coaches is a must. JMO

The bulk of that 7 million is Memphis and Nashville. Memphis has no allegiance to the Vols whatsoever; they’re closer to a number of SEC programs other than Tennessee. They have a number of influencers for other programs in that city; a large number of money people are alumni of other programs. Nashville is mostly transplants from other areas with not only no interest in the Vols, some don’t even view us as a relevant program.

It’s a problem bc to win we need to recruit, to recruit we need to win. Pruitt needs to win all the easy games and pull a surprise or two this season.

Tennessee's in-state talent has improved.
But think about this.

- Was there a Wanya Morris in TN?
- A Roman Harrison??
- A Warren Burrell??
And Jerrod Means is more talented than ANY in-state wr this year.

We're getting good in-state guys. It's when we lose Tee Higgins Von Bell Jaylen Ramsey Cade Mays type players that there's a problem! And...that wasn't the case this year...

I hope Jerrod Means becomes a good player at Tennessee, but he certainly is not better than any WR in Tennessee, or DB for that matter.

I hope Jerrod Means becomes a good player at Tennessee, but he certainly is not better than any WR in Tennessee, or DB for that matter.

And you know this how?

What In-State guy was better than him in 2019.

Should have offered Zack Dobson from Knox Fulton in 18’ speedster ended up at MTSU, had big year
Nothing against the kid but I would not say he had a big year. He had 171 yards receiving. He did have 200 yards rushing. Most of his yards came against weaker competition. Not sure he would have done much for UT.

Maurice Hampton?

We all can have an opinion I guess.

Too early to tell.

In my ORIGINAL statement I was referring to WR prospects- as you well know. Regardless, I'm not sure Hampton is a better CB, either.

What makes you think he is better?

We all can have an opinion I guess.

Too early to tell.

In my ORIGINAL statement I was referring to WR prospects- as you well know. Regardless, I'm not sure Hampton is a better CB, either.

What makes you think he is better?
Just to start the guy you responded to said WR or DB. So you saying that you were referring to WR and I knew is a fallacy.

As far as Hampton being better. It's because he simply was. Kid played both sides of the ball in HIGH SCHOOL and plays baseball, was drafted but turned it down to play 2 sports at LSU. There's zero doubt that he has a higher upside from an athletic stand point right now but that could change later on.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Don’t believe it’s concernimg at all. Last year the staff didn’t have familiarity with recruiting Tennessee outside of Memphis really. Had to establish relationships and evaluate the talent to know who they wanted to recruit in the 2020 class, which they quickly determined was deeper and more important to the program going forward than the 2010 class. So far this year we’ve gotten the top player in the state committed (Lawrence), one of the top OLs in the state (Mays) and a big, strong kid (Hodge) they believe is versatile and can play either RB or LB.

Beyond that we’re in a lot of the remaining top kids in the state and will surely get our fair share of the ones the staff want.

Again, don’t believe 2019 and the lack of instate kids committing was a big deal and doesn’t equate to us struggling with getting the top kids we want going forward.

Just to start the guy you responded to said WR or DB. So you saying that you were referring to WR and I knew is a fallacy.

As far as Hampton being better. It's because he simply was. Kid played both sides of the ball in HIGH SCHOOL and plays baseball, was drafted but turned it down to play 2 sports at LSU. There's zero doubt that he has a higher upside from an athletic stand point right now but that could change later on.

I was responding to him from his view point WR or DB.

I mentioned the "who's better" comment to explain the context.

I then went on to say I'm not sure it matters either way because Means is very talented.

You're a fallacy!

WTF is your deal dude?? Why are you trying to start arguments with me? Mentioning my handle in handle in thread. GTFOB...

I was responding to him from his view point WR or DB.

I mentioned the "who's better" comment to explain the context.

I then went on to say I'm not sure it matters either way because Means is very talented.

You're a fallacy!

WTF is your deal dude?? Why are you trying to start arguments with me? Mentioning my handle in handle in thread. GTFOB...
Lulz, Woe is me...

VN Store

Back