'25 IN SDE Mariyon Dye (Tennessee commit)

I’m just really sick of the bias that’s going against Tennessee. Earls is a good example commits to Georgia and jumps like crazy in the rankings George, Missed elite 11 and drops like he fell off a cliff. I get it Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, and Texas. Have won on the field, well only Texas recently has turned their program around. Look at all the people that dropped that has committed to Tennessee. George, JVD, and Jaden Perlotte(not committed yet but trending our way).
Outside of recruits that commit to the top 3 or 4 schools, commits are more than likely to drop than rise in the rankings. They need people to follow recruiting throughout the year to get clicks and make money. The way to do this is have more high ranked uncommitted players.

Now for George I don't think it's personally fair to him since he's the same player, but it's also expect that recruits who don't play the game are going to be more likely to suffer in the rankings. Would it be fair for a recruit who showed out in the Elite 11 to not move up when someone didn't even participate? What would be the point of the event? George is still a great talent, and chosing to not play the game of recruiting doesn't change his talent, but it will change what the talent evaluators will say.

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
Outside of recruits that commit to the top 3 or 4 schools, commits are more than likely to drop than rise in the rankings. They need people to follow recruiting throughout the year to get clicks and make money. The way to do this is have more high ranked uncommitted players.

Now for George I don't think it's personally fair to him since he's the same player, but it's also expect that recruits who don't play the game are going to be more likely to suffer in the rankings. Would it be fair for a recruit who showed out in the Elite 11 to not move up when someone didn't even participate? What would be the point of the event? George is still a great talent, and chosing to not play the game of recruiting doesn't change his talent, but it will change what the talent evaluators will say.
“Talent evaluators” don’t give them that much credit…

It’s stupid for GMac as well but I can at least see that rationale somewhat. Perlotte though bc of his measurables? Either they did a piss poor job in initial evaluation or they did a piss poor job of adjustment bc he suddenly isn’t going to be a Georgia commit. His measureables didn’t suddenly change; also they’re not that far off what some highly ranked players ahead of him are. It’s BS bias, there’s no other way to spin it.

I'm patiently waiting TikTok's top 300. Football analysis and what's trending all rolled into one
You just gave me an idea how to get a TikTok check. I’m about to start my own recruiting service via TikTok. If you see a slight bias towards Vols commits, just know it’s me.

247Sports tabbed jumbo edge rusher Mariyon Dye (Tennessee commit) as a new four-star on Top247 watch in early June, and the Elkhart (Ind.) standout debuts at No. 110 overall in Wednesday's updated Top247 rankings for 2025.
"Dye possesses ample growth potential in his frame with excellent length," said Cooper Petagna, 247Sports national scouting analyst. "He flashes promising athleticism off the edge in an odd-front two-point stance. Exhibits an explosive first step and can win with outstanding foot and body quickness. Pro-active mover who utilizes his combination of size, length, and athleticism exceptionally well as a pass rusher. Plays with good burst to close. No concerns about physicality or playing to frame."

I’m just really sick of the bias that’s going against Tennessee. Earls is a good example commits to Georgia and jumps like crazy in the rankings George, Missed elite 11 and drops like he fell off a cliff. I get it Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, and Texas. Have won on the field, well only Texas recently has turned their program around. Look at all the people that dropped that has committed to Tennessee. George, JVD, and Jaden Perlotte(not committed yet but trending our way).
And this is what I’ve told people until I’m blue in the face about how stupid these rankings are. The website nerds don’t know how to evaluate for themselves. They follow where they go to school.

Then defenders of the rankings say, “well the best teams always have the highest ranked classes.” Yes, of course they do. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. Because the nerds rank them higher when they sign with the best teams.

VN Store

Back