In Praise of the Lady Vol Forum

creekdipper

Strange time to post this with a big game coming up in a few hours but have been wanting to express appreciation for this forum. It's a site that is alternately welcoming, encouraging, enlightening, and entertaining. In other words, just plain fun!

There are so many knowledgeable members here (including coaches, longtime fans, and fans of other teams) who bring a lot of insight into the complexities and nuances of the game along with inside recruiting information. There's a shared love for the Lady Vol legacy (and not just wcbb) that broadens the fan base of other sports. There are the witty exchanges and the "potpourri" that are stimulating. And then there are the touching stories and heartful well-wishes both in times of grief and joy that demonstrate the big hearts here. That's been especially important in 2020.

I really appreciate you guys letting me hang out with you and for putting up with my dopey comments. This is one of the best-run forums around (and I've had personal experiences with the "other kind"). It's refreshing to feel part of a group who can mostly self-police (and can laugh at ourselves) but know that even-handed moderation is behind the scenes when needed.

Sorry to ramble and hope it's okay to use a catch-all thread to express thanks, but you guys are the best, and we don't take each other for granted, either. I appreciate and enjoy the contributions of all of you and want to thank all of you for sharing a wealth of knowledge with this old country boy. You do Pat and all past LV atlhletes, coaches, staff, and fans proud!

Lady Vol Nation unite...to the Gay Street Bridge and Beyond!

(And let's go beat Indiana like a rented mule).

Strange time to post this with a big game coming up in a few hours but have been wanting to express appreciation for this forum. It's a site that is alternately welcoming, encouraging, enlightening, and entertaining. In other words, just plain fun!

There are so many knowledgeable members here (including coaches, longtime fans, and fans of other teams) who bring a lot of insight into the complexities and nuances of the game along with inside recruiting information. There's a shared love for the Lady Vol legacy (and not just wcbb) that broadens the fan base of other sports. There are the witty exchanges and the "potpourri" that are stimulating. And then there are the touching stories and heartful well-wishes both in times of grief and joy that demonstrate the big hearts here. That's been especially important in 2020.

I really appreciate you guys letting me hang out with you and for putting up with my dopey comments. This is one of the best-run forums around (and I've had personal experiences with the "other kind"). It's refreshing to feel part of a group who can mostly self-police (and can laugh at ourselves) but know that even-handed moderation is behind the scenes when needed.

Sorry to ramble and hope it's okay to use a catch-all thread to express thanks, but you guys are the best, and we don't take each other for granted, either. I appreciate and enjoy the contributions of all of you and want to thank all of you for sharing a wealth of knowledge with this old country boy. You do Pat and all past LV atlhletes, coaches, staff, and fans proud!

Well Said!

Reactions: BigDave

AMEN!!

YES! This is one of the most active AND WELCOMING forums I've ever been a part of as a fan of another team. Thank you all for that.

Always liked your posts creek dipper. Never forget you telling me about Francis 7.

Reactions: creekdipper
Thanks, Chippo. I didn't acknowledge your kind words the other day but hope this general note encompasses everyone...just way too many to mention. I got post-happy today and deleted several to try not to distract from some clever posts by others. I don't want to be "that guy" at the party who won't stop interrupting and appears to think everything that pops in his head needs to be spoken (or posted in this case). I appreciate the forbearance of the board when I get carried away.

Loving this first half in Bloomington! Keep pouring it on!

I've mentioned this before, but for many of us in other (Tn) media markets this forum is virtually our only source of timely, not wire service, info on the LV. Thanks to all of you who keep us informed.

Really nice post. Ditto that and remember...
Dopey is as dopey does.

Reactions: creekdipper

VN Store

Back