'20 IN LB Deontae Craig

Who are some prospects we aren't talking about much who could potentially end up in this class?
Don't feel like Deonate Craig gets mentioned enough. He's a serious contender for OLB spot. Same for Kitan Crawford at DB. Others that fit this are guys like Joel Williams, Len;neth Whitehead and James Robinson.

- Simonton

I’m not seeing any “3*...don’t want” in here...so is this a “3*...Pruitt bump coming” in the making?

Tennessee continues to battle for Culver (Ind.) Academy defensive end Deontae Craig. Craig is keeping many schools alive on his list, but the Vols are the only SEC school in the mix and along with North Carolina, are one of two schools outside the Midwest footprint that he is considering. His top eight, released in the spring, was seven Big Ten schools and Tennessee.

He lists the Vols' staff as one of the staffs that is in the most frequent contact with him. "The coaches [at Tennessee] I talk to are Coach Rumph and Coach Weinke the most," Craig said. "Our relationship is good, and we communicate pretty often."

Craig recently took an official visit to Indiana and the in-state Hoosiers are one of the real contenders in the race. He will take an official visit to Iowa the weekend of June 21st and then is likely to finish his official visits in the fall.

He has already been to Knoxville and that experience has helped Craig and his family with the distance from home should he choose the Vols.

"We wouldn’t really mind distance," he explained. "Playing in the SEC is just as good as playing in the Big Ten, so either one of these would be nice." Craig is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 4 class of 2020 prospect in Indiana.

-Allen Trieu, 247

Weird. Jesse said hesees him ending up in the Big 10. Said in the chat last night the staff likes him but he's not nearly as big as they thought he'd be. (I wonder if he's confusing him with Ojulari with the size comment...?)

Reactions: jakez4ut
Didn't VQ say we were pursuing this kid just as hard as we were Grimes?

And he's still allegedly going to pick Indiana?

Gosh dang it to heck Pruitt can't close for crap.

Didn't VQ say we were pursuing this kid just as hard as we were Grimes?

And he's still allegedly going to pick Indiana?

Gosh dang it to heck Pruitt can't close for crap.

An Indiana player going to Indiana is a big shock? He may have family needs. I am with you on questioning Pruitt's closing ability, cause i think its fair game.

Our staff moved on. My understanding was he wasn't quite as big as they were looking for. Haven't been recruiting him hard for awhile

Our staff moved on. My understanding was he wasn't quite as big as they were looking for. Haven't been recruiting him hard for awhile
So let's see... Not recruiting this kid hard. Not recruiting Smalls hard. Not recruiting Height hard. Not recruiting Eason hard..… So by your estimate, other than the common guys everyone knows about. Who are we recruiting?

So let's see... Not recruiting this kid hard. Not recruiting Smalls hard. Not recruiting Height hard. Not recruiting Eason hard..… So by your estimate, other than the common guys everyone knows about. Who are we recruiting?
giphy.gif

and

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back