'20 IN FB Charlie Spegal (Indiana commit)

This kid could be a good tough yardage runner and FB in short yardage situations. Love to have a true fullback like we used to. Sam Henderson, William Howard was a fullback and tailback, Greg Amsler. Shawn Bryson was a very good fullback with speed. We have had some good ones in the day. I would love to see us at least have a short yardage package with a lead back. GBO!

I want this kid.... what are coaches seeing that depicts a Walk-on? Kid set the state record for TDs in a season and I doubt it will ever be broken.
Look at the film. Everybody on the field is slow....

No reason he can’t come here as a PWO.

Let’s see if he can block in the SEC. I promise you he won’t run away from defenders in the SEC.

Look at the film. Everybody on the field is slow....

No reason he can’t come here as a PWO.

Let’s see if he can block in the SEC. I promise you he won’t run away from defenders in the SEC.

I don’t dispute the fact that his competition doesn’t look great. However, no matter what the numbers don’t lie. Kid has put up like 10,000 yards..... and 170 Touchdowns......

I don’t dispute the fact that his competition doesn’t look great. However, no matter what the numbers don’t lie. Kid has put up like 10,000 yards..... and 170 Touchdowns......
I don’t think anyone doubts he has talent, I think it’s just a huge question mark whether or not that talent can make the jump from Midwest milquetoast competition to the SEC.

The numbers have everything to do with the level of competition. Is what it is.
Lol it doesn’t matter what kind of competition you are playing. Putting up those kinds of numbers you are going to be good at something. Probably an excellent short yardage back.

Lol it doesn’t matter what kind of competition you are playing. Putting up those kinds of numbers you are going to be good at something. Probably an excellent short yardage back.
Lol, sure it does.

There’s a kid at Hancock County that just ran for 4,000 yds? Sign him up! Competition doesn’t matter!!

This kid could be a good tough yardage runner and FB in short yardage situations. Love to have a true fullback like we used to. Sam Henderson, William Howard was a fullback and tailback, Greg Amsler. Shawn Bryson was a very good fullback with speed. We have had some good ones in the day. I would love to see us at least have a short yardage package with a lead back. GBO!
Amen. I can't give this enough likes.

Reactions: NashVolDavis
Wouldn't it be better for the kid to try his luck at a lower level school? Because here, there's a good chance he'd never play a meaningful down. Wouldn't it be in the kid's best interest to go somewhere where he could play and get a nice education?

Good info! Are the regular D1 guys typically SEC speed defensive skill players? Just this season, cross referencing their schedule and 247 rankings, the 2 highest rated defensive players they’ve faced this season are both white 3 star OLBs, committed to Louisville and Miami Ohio. I just don’t see this coaching staff - who are obsessed with speed and size, and are career-long Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, etc recruiters - respecting the defensive talent in Indiana. Maybe I’m wrong!
I mean, they obviously see something in him to offer a PWO position. Nobody is arguing he deserves a scholly, but he is a good player.

Everyone talking about his lack of competition? I seem to remember us having a running back named James “Little Man” Stewart who played at Morristown West in the late 80's early 90's and for those who are not aware the competition in East Tennessee during that time was nothing to write home about. Very few D1 players from East Tennessee got big school offers. He seemed to work out well for us. Reggie Cobb out of Central same situation. Not really a lot of competition or D1 players in East Tennessee but he seemed to do well when he played. Some kids just have that ability and gift. You put a workhorse behind a good offensive line and great things can happen. I would love for Charlie Spegal to come here as a preferred walk on and earn a scholarship.

I mean, they obviously see something in him to offer a PWO position. Nobody is arguing he deserves a scholly, but he is a good player.
This whole tangent was over someone asking why the coaches only viewed him as a PWO. So that’s all I was arguing. Would be stoked to add him as a PWO and see if he can cut it!

Screenshot_20191130-140214_Chrome.jpgI know everyone is talking about his competition as being slow but running a 4.6 at 225 (assuming this is accurate) isn't anything to sneeze at. I'm not making a case for him to get a scholarship offer, just throwing this out there. Reminds me of Zach Thomas, one of my favorite linebackers growing up. I think if he came here he'd have a scholarship before he left.

4.6, 5'11", 225 is NFL speed/build for a 3-down back...

If this kid had 4*'s next to his name he'd be a must have... the film doesn't lie regardless of competition level... he's bouncing off people like a pinball, stiff-arming defensive linemen and breaking Indiana state records...

Clearly worth a scholly...

Top 25 NFL RB in 2019 and their HS recruiting ratings

Recruiting agencies not only missed on half of those backs... they missed badly on the ones they missed on... the elite guys are normally pretty good... 3-star backs with this kind of production are as good of a bet to end up on that list in 2026 as anybody is

RB is not a hard position to evaluate... you can see special on film... his film is as good as any 5*'s... so you throw him in Texas or Florida or 7A Georgia... would he be breakings state records? Probably not... but I see nothing on his film that says he wouldn't still be an elite back vs any competition... great vision, hard to tackle, strongAF, plenty fast for a SEC RB... yes, please

Last edited:

VN Store

Back