In every loss this year

njvols

They all attacked the rim more than Tennessee. You get the calls when you're aggressive.
They were more aggressive, drove the basket and we didn’t. They also didn’t have a lot of turnovers, which AU had a lot to do with. We just weren’t dialed in, and when we had a chance to get to a more comfortable lead, we could never get there.

njvols

Every lost is based on how well and how many shots Turner takes
Yeah, that’s got to be a tough balancing act. When he’s on, he is lethal. But when he’s not, though he should keep shooting, wish he had a barometer to dial it back, or certainly not take the quick shot in the set.

Seattle Hillbilly

Another statistical note:

In the Vols 4 losses they have averaged 25.5 3 pt attempts.
Season average is 19.3 3 pt attempts.
Average of 6 more times in the losses they took a three.

As I mentioned in another thread, I hate 3 point shots.

JoAllan

In every loss this season Tennessee was away from home. 3 of the teams were great teams (when played.....as Kansas was at full strength), and even Aub is a good team. It is hard to beat great teams on the road..... heck even beat good teams on the road...... it ain’t easy...... unless your a dominant team, and even then it still isn’t easy. Tennessee has a great team this year but they are far from a dominant team.

I think we should all be happy with how the season went...... as I suspect it’s probably better than most thought it would be. Now Tennessee plays no true road games...... lets see what happens, hopefully it will be pretty good.

Sudden Impact

CRB

Summarize each loss fairly well as they occurred or afterword.

Auburn @ half stated 3 drives down the middle of the lane for 6 pts. What he didn't have to say was Goal interference on a 3 pt shot.

Kansas. One defensive Rebound in Regulation and it does not go to OT. What he didn't have to say was the called tick tat fouls.

LSU. CRBs knew and was going to let the SEC deal with this mess regard Officiating needing to be addressed.

Kentucky. See above and the combat basketball game.

4 losses is all we are taking about to date. We won some that were close also but odds are working for us.

We need to win the SEC tourney put the season behind us and win it all. Can be done.

VN Store

Sponsors