Allen Bailey 4*-picks UGA or Miami
John Brown 4*-picks Bama
Brandon Hicks 4*-picks Miami
Carlton Johnson 4*-picks FSU
Woodny Turenne 5*-doesn't qualify
Chris Culliver 4*-picks South Carolina
Nevin McKenzie 3*-picks UT

That would be a sucky finish for UF:crossfingers:

they also may release chris rainey from scholarship due to the controversy around his improper benefits case

that would be freakin sweet.
this is way off topic, but when is rivals going to update their rankings. i thought it was supposed to be last monday.

Tomorrow will be when they release the new * rankings and top 100 I think.

I thought that they investigated Rainey but he said he was just joking and nothing came of it. I could see them losing a QB though.

The only problem is that UF just won a NC..

Exactly. Do you know how hard it is to repeat while playing in a conference like the SEC? The odds are against them baby. :)

The odds are strongly stacked against them considering the unit that carried them for most of the year is losing 9 starters and another 1 or 2 from their two deep. Seems they lose their punter and kicker also.

So if you were a UF fan you'd hope what? That the offense would carry you, right? They'll be starting a talented but inexperienced QB in a system that we still don't know will actually work in the SEC. Yes they tore OSU up but what did they actually do against SEC defenses... it wasn't great. They lose 3 WR leaders, their best back, and a film junkie QB.

Their hope hangs on their O-line being dominate against the defenses of UT, UGA, LSU, Aub, USC, Ark (I think), and then FSU. Their hopes of a repeat NC are nil... and I don't think their hopes of an SEC repeat are much better at this point. They could easily have 3 conference losses before they figure out who their defensiver starters are and what works for their offensive talent.

They'll improve over the year. Even though I don't like him, Meyer can coach. The two DC's are very good and I actually like Strong.

The odds are strongly stacked against them considering the unit that carried them for most of the year is losing 9 starters and another 1 or 2 from their two deep. Seems they lose their punter and kicker also.

So if you were a UF fan you'd hope what? That the offense would carry you, right? They'll be starting a talented but inexperienced QB in a system that we still don't know will actually work in the SEC. Yes they tore OSU up but what did they actually do against SEC defenses... it wasn't great. They lose 3 WR leaders, their best back, and a film junkie QB.

Their hope hangs on their O-line being dominate against the defenses of UT, UGA, LSU, Aub, USC, Ark (I think), and then FSU. Their hopes of a repeat NC are nil... and I don't think their hopes of an SEC repeat are much better at this point. They could easily have 3 conference losses before they figure out who their defensiver starters are and what works for their offensive talent.

They'll improve over the year. Even though I don't like him, Meyer can coach. The two DC's are very good and I actually like Strong.

Scored enough points to beat them.

They will most likely lose to UT, SC, FSU, UGA, and one of the lower level SEC teams like Vandy or UK.

I think UF will lose to 3 of your first 4 and hope the UT is one of them. They may lose to UK but if they don't, I think they'll get into a bowl game with a team good enough to beat them. Maybe a OSU rematch except the Buckeye D will have another year of maturity and UF won't have as much experienced talent... nor a QB that's seen every defense known to f-ball.

Don't kid yourselves people, the Gators will be plenty tough. Zook's recruiting was outstanding and Meyer's has been also, there is talent galore everywhere on their roster and they are extremely well coached on both sides of the ball. Yes they will be young in alot of areas and no they probably won't win the SEC or NC next year but they will be good and have a favorable home schedule, they are not losing 4 or 5 games' you can count on it! Bad as I hate em they are gonna be tough for anybody to beat for awhile.

Joey, I haven't kept track of you personally but there are alot of people here who always see the Vol glass 90% empty and programs like UF having all the advantages, all the time.

Here is their depth chart. I have to purposely check myself because I despise UF but if I were a Gator fan... I wouldn't hold out any hope that this year's defense will be anywhere near last year's.

College Player Database - Depth Chart

They will be young and thin on defense. They had a senior heavy unit and their best juniors also left. Have no doubt, they're hurting.

Yes. They'll have some talent but certainly not any more than UT or several other SEC teams.

UT loses the least of any team in the conference and that's why I'm pretty optimistic.

VN Store

Back