The Impeachment Thread

Nobody is debating the fact that the dems control the house and the repubs control the senate.
Nobody is debating the fact that having the majority lets them control the rules and procedures.
The point being debated is that the dems. used their majority to collect relevant evidence and the repubs seem to be using their majority to block the collection of relevant evidence. That's the point being debated, at least on my end.
They had plenty of opportunity to call anyone they wanted, they didn't want to have it go through the courts. Screw them, they had their chance

Reactions: AM64
Shiff's opening remarks today should be required listening for Trumpsters here.

I defy anyone to listen to him, and tell me Trump is not corrupt to the core.

Nobody is debating the fact that the dems control the house and the repubs control the senate.
Nobody is debating the fact that having the majority lets them control the rules and procedures.
The point being debated is that the dems. used their majority to collect relevant evidence and the repubs seem to be using their majority to block the collection of relevant evidence. That's the point being debated, at least on my end.

This isn’t a trial by law , it’s a trial by politics , carried out by politicians designed for maximum impact on voters . It’s the House that carries the burden of producing evidence , all evidence they can find , and to do their due diligence wherever that takes them . The house rushed this , we all know they rushed it for maximum impact the on 2020 elections . The Senate will now play their part in this “production “. It’s hard for me to understand this “do as I say and not as I do mentality “ coming from the left and the House .

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and DynaLo
Schumer didn't help their case either with those stupid witness request votes...he could have stacked them and they would have been finished hours earlier
McConnell should have made them use that time as their portion for making their fraudulent case

Reactions: AM64
You maroons were to use to a republican capitulating. This guy is giving you double birds at least twice a day and the Republican base is loving it. No going back now.

That's why I refer to him as the Antagonism President. That's all he does, and that is sadly enough for you to overlook all of his other miscreant behavior.

This isn’t a trial by law , it’s a trial by politics , carried out by politicians designed for maximum impact on voters . It’s the House that carries the burden of producing evidence , all evidence they can find , and to do their due diligence wherever that takes them . The house rushed this , we all know they rushed it for maximum impact the on 2020 elections . The Senate will now play their part in this “production “. It’s hard for me to understand this do as I say and not as I do mentality. Coming from the left and the House .
There obviously has to be a balance between producing "all of the evidence they can find" and time. As soon as Trump made it obvious he would obstruct as long and as much as he could legally get away with, the dems. decided it was more prudent to move it to the next level. They felt the timeline would be condensed because the court cases would carry more urgency, and that Trump's continued efforts to obstruct and delay would come at even greater political cost. They underestimated the complicity of the Repub. Senate and the people who support them.

VN Store

Back