"I'm not buying Jeremy Pruitt even though they're on a nice little run."

That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?
I think he will get his due when he beats one of the big three. Bo obviously doesn’t know the sad shape of our program when CJP was hired. I remember reading an anonymous coach saying it would take 5 years to turn it around. Pruitt has IMHO done it in a year and a half. We’re not close to where we want to be but we’re at least traveling on the right side of the road.

Bo from Jackson can't be anymore sophisticated than Earl from Bulls Gap !

Yeah! This social media stuff. Every little college town has some massive homer who draws a $20/month salary from ESPN to provide 'SEC Commentary'. Then, it all spews out with rose color glasses.

That Aschoff dude from Gainesville is an example

Reactions: JOEY'S ALL VOL !!!
Bo Bounds,is that Boo Boo's brother?Kin to Yogi Bear?Think on that if you can consider what he says as.having anything to do with reality.

39 bowl games, 78 teams will play, we've had as many as 20 teams with crap seasons playing in one year, there are so many bowls even if we don't win out, we should be able to get a bowl game. It sure isn't like it once was..now the top 78 teams get a bowl, at the rate of increase, in ten years, even Furman will be "Bowling"!!

As much as he deserves credit for turning this season around, we were in this exact situation last year and ended the year with thud. Let's get these 2 wins and get to a bowl and see what happens next year.

I thought this was going to be a thread about my favorite breakfast item from Bojangles ( Bo-rounds), now I'm disappointed and hungry!

Its always something. We have an excuse for everything! After we beat them, Auburn sucked balls last year and Kentucky was the most overrated team in the world.

We still have 2 games left and some have 3, so it ain't over, but I might argue that part of the reason some teams aren't bowl eligible this year but were last year, is because they lost to us this year.

This guy goes through my community pizzing on every post, tire, street sign and is the reason walking my dogs takes an hour.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?

The team has taken steps in the right direction after the worst start in program history. But we need more talent on the roster before we're back in the top tier.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Youb

You don’t care what he thinks......yet here you are posting a new thread about it. F Bo.

Randomly I used to hang out with his brother Ben in Charleston. Great guy.

While the team is improving I wouldn’t say we’ve turned a corner. We are beating some less than good teams.

Don’t be fooled by a competitive game vs Bama. Had Tua not been hurt we would have been blown out by halftime. And no... BM staying in wouldn’t have changed that.

Win out this year and get some wins over the big three next year and everyone will get on board.

Beating the lesser teams in the SEC only proves he can beat the lesser teams in the SEC. That’s something that should have been happening all along. Even in our down years.

TN has been one of the lesser teams of late!

Why do some of you struggle with reading comprehension?
It’s not a question of reading comprehension, unless it’s possibly your reading comprehension.

The question is whether Bo Bounds is any sort of legitimate authority on SEC football or sports in general.

When you keep getting responses of “Who?”, it indicates that this guy does not seem to have any legitimacy beyond a 20-mile radius of Jackson.

Maybe he’s the next oracle of college football; who knows? But that’s the whole point: who knows?

In the meantime, he’s just another guy flapping his mouth. And that’s why everyone is asking why you care what he says.

VN Store

Back