"I'm not buying Jeremy Pruitt even though they're on a nice little run."

They are just mad because they chose another Pedo State coach who cant coach worth a lick

That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?
Don't think anybody can objectively argue with his statements just yet. Pruitt still has something to prove. His team has been slow to start each season. He will be losing a more NFL caliber talent than appears to be coming in(just being honest, not looking for a stars debate). He has yet to beat a top tier team, unless you consider Auburn last year. I'd say he even has a point on Fulmer as an AD, especially after the OC debacle in the off season. National media will start recognizing Tennessee as "top-tier" in the sec, when Tennessee starts beating "top-tier" teams on a regular basis. Our offense is 109th in the nation right now. Vandy is the only SEC team with a lower ranked offense than us. Not bashing Pruitt or even saying he isn't the guy, but lets pump the brakes with the "we've arrived" talk. Pruitt still has a lot to prove.

If you want something to get excited about...our Defense is now ranked 37th in the nation. That is VERY promising IMO.

Yep, ya gonna have to beat some of the big dogs in big fights before we're back on the football map.

The SEC has become very much like the other P5 Conferences. Very top heavy (LSU, UGA, BAMA), with a few intimidating mid tier teams and a lot of cellar dwellers. Winning out just means we're at best an average SEC team. That's not the Tennessee standard and Pruitt won't (and shouldn't) get too much national recognition from it. Getting here is just step 1. There's miles to go before Pruitt can sleep.

We’ve already added to SEC win total from last year, with a chance to more than double it. That’s an important sign of progress.
Recruiting, IMO, needs to finish close or better than last year. I know the start of the year may have hurt that. But we need quality depth to start reinforcing a young team. We’ve already seen the impact having 2 five start freshman tackles and stud freshman defensive players will do. Defensive line needs that kind of injection for us to have a punchers chance at a 9-10 win type season next year.
Without growing pains this year would look pretty solid right now.

Reactions: OG.V83
Beat UGA and UF every year. That’ll get most of them.

Beat Bama even some and everyone will talk.

Reactions: 08Vol
BoBo??????

16d7fd_c5b3da839ee14b9b9f4a061a146cbd59.webp

I agree with him at this point. We are still 5-5 and lost to Ga St. and BYU. I hope these last few games are a sign we are trending in the right direction but I am still not anywhere close to naming him our savior. We have not played a complete football game versus a good team and won. I am still nervous about losing to a mediocre Mizzouri team and a bad Vandy team. Win the next 3 games and land a nice class and I might consider changing my mind. This season is far from over and UT always finds a way to let me down.

Well if all that you want does not happen. They will be fine without you.

Reactions: feathersax
I agree with him at this point. We are still 5-5 and lost to Ga St. and BYU. I hope these last few games are a sign we are trending in the right direction but I am still not anywhere close to naming him our savior. We have not played a complete football game versus a good team and won. I am still nervous about losing to a mediocre Mizzouri team and a bad Vandy team. Win the next 3 games and land a nice class and I might consider changing my mind. This season is far from over and UT always finds a way to let me down.
We will have our answer around December 2020.

Reactions: USCGVOL
We’ve already added to SEC win total from last year, with a chance to more than double it. That’s an important sign of progress.
Recruiting, IMO, needs to finish close or better than last year. I know the start of the year may have hurt that. But we need quality depth to start reinforcing a young team. We’ve already seen the impact having 2 five start freshman tackles and stud freshman defensive players will do. Defensive line needs that kind of injection for us to have a punchers chance at a 9-10 win type season next year.
Without growing pains this year would look pretty solid right now.
The 2018 SEC was tougher. Just look at the number of bowl eligible last season compared to this year. Glad we're winning.
whether it has more to do with Pruitt being a good coach or our opponents being down is yet to be determined.

Reactions: 08Vol

Holy smokes! Methinks my late ex-mother-in-law just posted on VN! Zelma. Is that you?

Chillax. Have a cupcake. Hope springs eternal for many. However, for those like you 'n your ilk, the spring has dried up.

Reactions: feathersax
After a bad start, the program is trending positively and I think the staff warrants our support. That's different than asserting Pruitt is the guy and will get it done; he has to reach some milestones that are just a wishlist at the moment. He's unproven.

The staff is developing talent and needs a good 20202 class. Ending with 2 conference wins and a bowl game would be further encouragement. Next year will be a strong indicator, and I expect (as a goal) TN to be in conference contention no later than 2021. If Pruitt does that, the national media will have no choice but to board the train. Until then, yawn.

That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?
I'll just say I have seen improvement in his coaching as the season has progressed. He is making some decisions at least and there has been a lot more attention to detail from when the season started. We definitely need more players to get to where we want to be. Recruiting this season needed to be better, but I think we'll be ok because overall were a youthful team not many seniors. Need a top five class 2021 got to get up there at the top of the list because most of the SEC is already there.

VN Store

Back