"I'm not buying Jeremy Pruitt even though they're on a nice little run."

If you feel that way, maybe Tennessee is not your team really. There are better, more proven coaches out there, if that’s what’s most important. Root for them. The vols need real fans.

Yeah. I'm still a little surprised that so many people missed the point. This is a strange bunch, but it's my responsibility as OP to know the audience.

You know... I came in here expecting some good discussion. I thought I'd had a good week of practice. I made some comments in other threads that were well received by the community. That made me think I was ready and I felt prepared to start a good thread. But then I started the thread and made some early mistakes. You can't quote an alien in the thread title and expect people to move past it to see the bigger picture, aight? That's on me. Then I wasn't able to make the adjustments necessary to get everyone back on the same page. It was just a rough thread. These things happen but I'm not going to quit. Just gotta get back out there and focus on getting better. I think I'm a good poster. I've been thinking I'm a good poster for a long time, but I still haven't put together my best thread. Just too many mistakes. Can't do that and expect good results.
This is not the kind of fan base you learn how to pander to on the fly when starting threads.

That said, given the severity of BVS syndrome we can't afford to risk losing you midseason.

If you're still making these kinda mistakes in 2020 the backlash is gonna be allot worse.

Yeah. I'm still a little surprised that so many people missed the point. This is a strange bunch, but it's my responsibility as OP to know the audience.

You know... I came in here expecting some good discussion. I thought I'd had a good week of practice. I made some comments in other threads that were well received by the community. That made me think I was ready and I felt prepared to start a good thread. But then I started the thread and made some early mistakes. You can't quote an alien in the thread title and expect people to move past it to see the bigger picture, aight? That's on me. Then I wasn't able to make the adjustments necessary to get everyone back on the same page. It was just a rough thread. These things happen but I'm not going to quit. Just gotta get back out there and focus on getting better. I think I'm a good poster. I've been thinking I'm a good poster for a long time, but I still haven't put together my best thread. Just too many mistakes. Can't do that and expect good results.
I agree. Usually posters are level headed and great at understanding points.

Reactions: VolNExile
I think Tennessee is moving in the right direction as they are clearly playing better football. I don't think that can be questioned. So, there's definite improvement there in the form of the "eye test".

I think the jury is still out if Pruitt is the guy or not though. I'm not sure how that can't be called into question.

In this stretch, Tennessee hasn't beaten a team that's bowl eligible outside of UAB. I looked at UAB's schedule and it's a who's who of homecoming opponents. Kentucky will get bowl eligible. If they lose to Louisville, they will end up 6-6. Missouri will get there with a win over Arkansas and that would make them 6-6. But, we're talking about a team that lost to Wyoming, Vandy, and Kentucky in the same season. Mississippi State has to beat Ole Miss and that's a pick'em game that would make them 6-6. South Carolina is out. Vandy is out.

So, it's not a crazy idea to still have doubts.

Homeless sports commentator, or just a jack wad?

8971dae6-97ef-4ccc-ace0-fb0175e3a969-jpeg.238102

you pick em

VN Store

Back