‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Nah melo and Lonzo are very good… Zo is elite on the defensive end and is a great passer with elite vision and good athleticism and melo is a little more consistency away from a super star… but either way the facts remain that he has 3 pro athlete sons…
I grew up near where the Sharpe brothers were born. Their father was a nobody who left them to be raised by their grandmother and just happened to sire lots of kids, two of which were NFL players, one of whom went to the hall of fame. Ask Dennis Rodman how "great" his biological "father" was. It doesn't take a great man to pass along athletic genes.

Last edited:
I grew up near where the Sharpe brothers were born. Their father was a nobody who left them to be raised by their grandmother and just happened to sire lots of kids, two of which were NFL players, one of whom went to the hall of fame. Ask Dennis Rodman how "great" his biological "father" was. It doesn't take a great man to pass along athletic genes.
I agree but lavar was with his sons every step of the way and deserves credit for helping them become pro athletes…

I agree but lavar was with his sons every step of the way and deserves credit for helping them become pro athletes…
The logic seemed to be that his actions (greatness) were cause for their status as professional athletes. My examples offer the possibility that he may have had no effect on their professional status (aside from genetic donor). Heck. They may even be professional athletes in *spite* of his trash talk. You or I don't know, because we haven't had the opportunity to experience the alternate universe of possibilities.

That's beside the argument one could have at the amoral dangers of defining "greatness" merely based on preferred outcome--i.e. a willingness to overlook or laud character traits based on preferred outcomes in a Machiavellian philosophy where the ends justify the means.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. Not many teams have white helmets anymore. I personally like the white also. Just like Penn State. I always liked their uniforms/helmets. Kinda old school looking. But I wouldn't mind seeing some alternatives. Maybe for a Big Time Game or Bowl. I remember when I played at Maryville College, we got new jerseys and helmets for our homecoming in 2003 I think it was and it just brought out a whole new vibe in the locker room. Fun times. Miss those days now!!
Penn State kinda old school?

thumb.aspx

VN Store

Back