‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Great Lakes Naval Station is where I was, the rule was take a right off base and don't stop til ya hit Waukeegan(sp)
Brother-in-law was stationed there (his last base before retiring). Nephew graduated from Highland Park. High toned neighbors complained about military living in the zip code without paying the high property taxes. That your experience, Lakes kid?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
”I love (the) Tennessee coaches and how they are throwing the ball,” Tate told GoVols247.

The Vols have stayed in frequent contact with him since extending a scholarship offer to him in April. He holds offers from more than 30 schools.

“I talk to them every day,” Tate said, adding that he has been talking with first-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel, wide receivers coach Kodi Burns and quarterbacks coach Joey Halzle. “I’ve been talking to them since the summer. …

”Their main message to me is (to) come be a part of something special.”

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Tate is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 57 overall prospect and No. 8 wide receiver in the 2023 class. He’s also a top-100 prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Tate once indicated that he was planning to reveal his college decision on Oct. 8, but he told 247Sports' Allen Trieu last week that he's no longer announcing his choice on that date. Ohio State and Notre Dame have received one prediction each for Tate on the 247Sports Crystal Ball, but he's also considering LSU, Ole Miss, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, Florida State, Illinois, Penn State and Auburn.
-Callahan

“Tennessee has come on big-time,” Tate said to On3. “I have been talking to them a lot lately, and they are a school I am really interested in.

“I will be down there for my first visit this weekend and I want to see the campus, the coaches, and see how things are there on game-day.”

Head coach Josh Heupel and wide receivers coach Kodi Burns are recruiting Tate for the Vols. The two have made an impression, on and off the field, on the no. 4 wide receiver in the country.

“Coach Burns is a real cool coach. We talk a lot and I like him a lot. He has some good receivers and I will talk with him more Saturday.

“Coach Heupel has that air-raid offense. They play fast, they throw the ball around, and I think he runs a big-time offense.”

Tate will get to Knoxville Friday, spend the day there Saturday, then head back to Bradenton, Fla. Sunday. His eyes and ears will be open on Rocky Top.

“This is an important visit for me,” Tate said. “I like how Tennessee has competed with top teams this season, so I am ready to see what it is like there.”
-On3

VN Store

Back