‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Last year we had Jevonta Peyton, Cedric Tillman, and Velus Jones. All unproven as WRs at this level by their career stats. This year we had Jalin Hyatt, Bru McCoy, and Ramel Keyton that were all unproven and performed at a high level in this offense. While I'm not against adding a complete stud from the portal, I can't see adding multiple receivers when they've proven to get the most out of the talent available, and there's definitely available talent.
I agree with you. Nobody saw Hyatt as the most talented receiver in the nation, but he led in TDs and yards. Same with Tillman the previous year. Far more effective than anyone expected before the season. What if we have a guy like that every year?

I agree with you. Nobody saw Hyatt as the most talented receiver in the nation, but he led in TDs and yards. Same with Tillman the previous year. Far more effective than anyone expected before the season. What if we have a guy like that every year?
I think it's absolutely possible. Heupel seems to get the most out of his offensive players everywhere he's been.

I think it's absolutely possible. Heupel seems to get the most out of his offensive players everywhere he's been.
And I think it's fair to say that Heupel is asking his offensive players to play to their strengths. They don't have to be great at everything, but be excellent at whatever their talent is, then let the play calling use that particular skill. I'm just impressed with Heupel and his ability. They will figure something out on defense.

And I think it's fair to say that Heupel is asking his offensive players to play to their strengths. They don't have to be great at everything, but be excellent at whatever their talent is, then let the play calling use that particular skill. I'm just impressed with Heupel and his ability. They will figure something out on defense.
The influx of talent will fix the defense at some point. They are bringing in impressive athletes at the most key positions with this current class.

Those plays gives hope.

Those plays show that he CAN make the throws. Apparently, from all reports, he consistently makes them in practice too. But we know he CAN make the throws. The question is, WILL he? He has to translate what he does in practice and mop-up time into making those throws in meaningful minutes consistently. I don't know if he will or if he won't. No one does.

But yes, you're right...those plays do provide hope.

i am sure everyone will roll their eyes at this, but with dylan raiola decomitting from ohio state, i hope that the coaches will take one last swing at tate and see if anything can happen

i am sure everyone will roll their eyes at this, but with dylan raiola decomitting from ohio state, i hope that the coaches will take one last swing at tate and see if anything can happen
Rolling-my-eyes-gif1.gif

VN Store

Back