'21 IL RB Mar’Keise Irving (Oregon commit)

At his size, when an SEC fast LB or d-end, or big d-back gets an angle or head-on line on him,,, well it might not be pretty. I think we could expect to see these defensive folks I speak of are out there just loving guys like this.

If you watch his highlights he’s not the easiest to get a hat on…and he runs more powerful than his build suggests. This kid would be a good pickup imo..

At his size, when an SEC fast LB or d-end, or big d-back gets an angle or head-on line on him,,, well it might not be pretty. I think we could expect to see these defensive folks I speak of are out there just loving guys like this.
The Big Ten isn't so far behind the SEC that you'll see a completely neutralized Irving.

He's the same size as Small and Wright

Only this guy looks more athletic and has better vision.

JMO.......But RBs are a dime a dozen, especially in this offense. If a back transfers to UT, I want a bruiser.

What the Coachs want is all that matters..not any of us..our Coach's know what they are doing. Just trust them

What the Coachs want is all that matters..not any of us..our Coach's know what they are doing. Just trust them
I said..................."I want a bruiser." Never said what the coaches should do.
I know the coaches know a ton more than I even pretend to.

Reactions: 625 Gibbs Hall
The Big Ten isn't so far behind the SEC that you'll see a completely neutralized Irving.

He's the same size as Small and Wright

Only this guy looks more athletic and has better vision.
IMO, he's better than both those guys. Neither Small or wright has proven they can stay healthy.

Speaking of the portal, Minnesota transfer Mar’Keise Irving was supposed to visit this weekend but that has been pushed back to next weekend. Tennessee obviously likes what he did on the football field last year but the ultimate determination will be made once they get him here and see if he fits the culture overall.
-VQ

Speaking of the portal, Minnesota transfer Mar’Keise Irving was supposed to visit this weekend but that has been pushed back to next weekend. Tennessee obviously likes what he did on the football field last year but the ultimate determination will be made once they get him here and see if he fits the culture overall.
-VQ

-VQ
This. This right here is why I'm still not convinced that we "missed" on Verse or Agude or ANY of these other transfers...this, coupled with focusing more on potential and 3+ years of eligibility.

This. This right here is why I'm still not convinced that we "missed" on Verse or Agude or ANY of these other transfers...this, coupled with focusing more on potential and 3+ years of eligibility.
this staff stresses Culture and i agree with that, also the NIL will make a cancerous environment is weird to me, if that was the case we would be losing starters to the portal left and right

This makes zero sense considering we brought them on campus, knowing their eligibility status

Reactions: walkenvol
Minnesota leading rusher from last year already transferred. MN has 2 other running backs coming back from injury, but Irving would be their highest returning RB in rushing yards from last year. Interesting that he is leaving

His highlights look alright, but when you remember he's a freshman it is impressive.

This makes zero sense considering we brought them on campus, knowing their eligibility status
True; and, I believe they would have taken them, too, if the fit had been right...a flier (eligibility wise) for a perfect fit culturally and positionally.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Minnesota leading rusher from last year already transferred. MN has 2 other running backs coming back from injury, but Irving would be their highest returning RB in rushing yards from last year. Interesting that he is leaving

His highlights look alright, but when you remember he's a freshman it is impressive.
One Minnesota winter might have been enough.

Would take this kid all day talent wise. I wonder if he has some things in background for the ole culture comment

-VQ

Per Callahan he pushed the visit back so his mom can come with him.

VN Store

Back