'20 IL OG Javontez Spraggins (UT SIGNEE)

Thanks for an intelligent reply. The problem I have though is in 2010 we were searching for the 3rd coach in 3 years and they literally handed anyone willing to take the job the job (Dooley). Which he through together the best class he could in the little amount of time he had.

This kid is not being recruited by much of anyone. We are on our third year with our coach. We have a staff full of "high level recruits" and we are pulling kids from the wood works.

I know not every kid can be fairly evaluated but when a kid commits to a power 5 school, schools will normally evaluate the kid and offer them but no one is offering him.

I just don't know how to feel about it. Torn between trusting the coaching staff and looking at the offer list.

Edit: also meant to say that was a pretty spot on comparison between the two though.

I probably feel about the offensive line like some here that critique me on the defensive side. Offensive linemen in Spraggins that looks mean, has great size, may need to develop a few years ( I said may), we need those kind of bodies. But I think we have enough talented young guys that this works. My gripe about d line is I think we need a few guys that could potentially contribute year 1 and definitely 2 because of quality depth. Hopefully this kid keeps that mean streak and gets really strong.

I know you guys like him and its said the staff does also but he has a terrible offer list, imo.
IIRC, he received his offer after camping here. The coaches didn't base the offer off of film, but after what they actually saw in person. That being the case, I have confidence in the offer. But time will be the deciding factor.

tenor.gif

Thanks for an intelligent reply. The problem I have though is in 2010 we were searching for the 3rd coach in 3 years and they literally handed anyone willing to take the job the job (Dooley). Which he through together the best class he could in the little amount of time he had.

This kid is not being recruited by much of anyone. We are on our third year with our coach. We have a staff full of "high level recruits" and we are pulling kids from the wood works.

I know not every kid can be fairly evaluated but when a kid commits to a power 5 school, schools will normally evaluate the kid and offer them but no one is offering him.

I just don't know how to feel about it. Torn between trusting the coaching staff and looking at the offer list.

Edit: also meant to say that was a pretty spot on comparison between the two though.
We had some pretty high-caliber d-linemen at the Tennessee camp he was offered at... he was tossing them around pretty effortlessly...

You can worry all you like but recruiting sites are notoriously terrible at diagnosing NFL-caliber talent coming out of high school on the offensive line... there's a few obvious guys every year, but past that... awful at it

His team is in the 6A final now.
Illinois has 8 playoff classes in football based on enrollment with 8A the largest.
I think East St Louis is probably the best team in the state.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Yes. Big guys. Nothing but big guys on the OL going forward.

No more Riley Locklears
No more Marcus Tatums
No more Jahmir Johnsons

Spraggins - 6’3” 340
Robinson - 6’4” 325
Miller - 6’4” 360

BIG M’FER’s ONLY

Be careful on jahmir. People will hate you. Well, F them. Right?

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back