'20 IL OG Javontez Spraggins (UT SIGNEE)

Thanks for an intelligent reply. The problem I have though is in 2010 we were searching for the 3rd coach in 3 years and they literally handed anyone willing to take the job the job (Dooley). Which he through together the best class he could in the little amount of time he had.

This kid is not being recruited by much of anyone. We are on our third year with our coach. We have a staff full of "high level recruits" and we are pulling kids from the wood works.

I know not every kid can be fairly evaluated but when a kid commits to a power 5 school, schools will normally evaluate the kid and offer them but no one is offering him.

I just don't know how to feel about it. Torn between trusting the coaching staff and looking at the offer list.

Edit: also meant to say that was a pretty spot on comparison between the two though.
1) His offer list likely suffered after committing early and shutting it down
2) Our entire two deep at Oline return meaning he knows he is guaranteed a redshirt which is a tough sell.
3) Give me a 3 star OL who has sat for 2 years vs a high 4 star any-day.

Thanks for an intelligent reply. The problem I have though is in 2010 we were searching for the 3rd coach in 3 years and they literally handed anyone willing to take the job the job (Dooley). Which he through together the best class he could in the little amount of time he had.

This kid is not being recruited by much of anyone. We are on our third year with our coach. We have a staff full of "high level recruits" and we are pulling kids from the wood works.

I know not every kid can be fairly evaluated but when a kid commits to a power 5 school, schools will normally evaluate the kid and offer them but no one is offering him.

I just don't know how to feel about it. Torn between trusting the coaching staff and looking at the offer list.

Edit: also meant to say that was a pretty spot on comparison between the two though.
Technique can be taught...look at the physical attributes he naturally has (can't be taught)...very quick feet and hands for a person that size; and, explosive.

Fulton was committed to Kiffin. There was nothing last minute or desperate about his commitment.

VN Store

Back