'20 IL OG Javontez Spraggins (UT SIGNEE)

From RollBamaroll back in March during spring practice:

They brought in Dickerson to replace Baker who was apparently kicked off the team prior to exhausting his eligibility.

This is their roster for this year. I think they could probably at the most lose both Junior tackles and of course the redshirt senior. I don’t think they would lose anyone else. Their projected starters this year are in red font. They have a new starting center (limited experience) and the other guy is probably at least a year or two away from declaring early. I don’t know their target for numbers but as I see it with their present numbers they could have 3 open spots and they have 4 guys already committed for 2020.

None of this actually answers your question but this is what their situation looks like right now. Anything could happen. They could bump one of their current commits for Spraggins or it may be a contingency offer or something. The thing about recruiting guys that everyone else wants means that no one team has enough room to take all those guys and we may have to stay in the fight with a lot of these types of guys until the very end. It's probably a good thing we reportedly have a gangsta for a head coach. jmo.

View attachment 210262
And a team wants to keep about 15 scholarships for the OL. God, they suck. Look at all that talent. Womack is probably their best player and was only a 3-star.

They brought in Dickerson to replace Baker who was apparently kicked off the team prior to exhausting his eligibility.

This is their roster for this year. I think they could probably at the most lose both Junior tackles and of course the redshirt senior. I don’t think they would lose anyone else. Their projected starters this year are in red font. They have a new starting center (limited experience) and the other guy is probably at least a year or two away from declaring early. I don’t know their target for numbers but as I see it with their present numbers they could have 3 open spots and they have 4 guys already committed for 2020.

None of this actually answers your question but this is what their situation looks like right now. Anything could happen. They could bump one of their current commits for Spraggins or it may be a contingency offer or something. The thing about recruiting guys that everyone else wants means that no one team has enough room to take all those guys and we may have to stay in the fight with a lot of these types of guys until the very end. It's probably a good thing we reportedly have a gangsta for a head coach. jmo.

View attachment 210262
Actually that completely answered my question. TY!

View attachment 210262

Notice how many were redshirted. We have to get back to that we’re freshmen do not start but get a full year of just S & C.

They have 4 games they can play in to get a lil experienced tho. But yeah, I concur.

Yes they do but when you play in games you can’t do as much lifting. Just get them bigger and bigger than have RS everywhere ready for SEC football their second year. Sure you have exceptions who are ready day 1 like Trey Smith. But that is not the norm.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Yes they do but when you play in games you can’t do as much lifting. Just get them bigger and bigger than have RS everywhere ready for SEC football their second year. Sure you have exceptions who are ready day 1 like Trey Smith. But that is not the norm.
totally agree, and if this class finished like we hope it can, there may be some opportunity to do some of this again finally. but the roster isn't to the point where we won't have to rely on newcomers next year. we return a bunch of production this year, and maybe just maybe we're fortunate enough on the injuires this year that we can maybe RS some kids from this class.

but next year, we get a little younger, and i'd expect if we do see the kind of class we hope, many of them, especially on the offensive side of the ball, will have plenty of opportunity to play, and play alot.

Reactions: JacketVol
Javontez was on the Locked on Vols podcast yesterday. He seems like a really level-headed guy, trying to lift himself out of his situation and make something of himself. Not that it means much, but I'm pulling hard for this kid now. I'd encourage you guys to listen to the interview.

Edit:

Last edited:
Javontez was on the Locked on Vols podcast yesterday. He seems like a really level-headed guy, trying to lift himself out of his situation and make something of himself. Not that it means much, but I'm pulling hard for this kid now. I'd encourage you guys to listen to the interview.
Post link

Reactions: yourstruly23
Yes “J” W” it does mean a lot. I’ve kept up with these kids for many years when it comes to recruiting. There stories of what they’ve been through are great stories and inspires us to want them to succeed. Welcome to what my opinion is what College sports is all about.

Are we losing Johnson for sure? Seems like a lot of safety names have been popping back up on the board.

I was on vacation and away from the computer for the last week, but am back and checked in with my sources at East St. Louis. Sorry if some of this you already know, but here is what I am hearing regarding Antonio Johnson and Javontez Spraggins:

Antonio went to Texas A&M this past weekend for the Aggies' recruiting event. He was supposed to make an unofficial visit to A&M earlier in the spring, but that was cancelled when his teammate and friend was shot and killed shortly before that trip was to occur. Antonio then went to Tennessee, loved what he saw there and committed. Going to A&M this past weekend, though, Johnson was also impressed and that confirmed some suspicions that he had made his decision too early. So, the decision to de-commit was not a loss of interest in the Vols, but a realization he needed to do his due diligence before signing on with a school. My sources, though, tell me not only is Tennessee still squarely in the mix, but probably the team to beat: "I think they're still heavily in the lead."

Hearing Antonio's decision has no bearing on his teammate Javontez Spraggins' commitment. Spraggins parents were with him at Tennessee, and my people at ESL tell me he remains solid with his Tennessee commitment.

- Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

VN Store

Back