'17 IL DT John Ridgeway (Illinois St Transfer)

Looks like a one and done. Obviously defer to the coaching staff but not sure why we’d pursue another senior.

Would hope Emerson and Simmons would be locking the middle of the line up.

What in the world...
We need LINEBACKERS.
So far we've offered an inconsistent QB and now a DT. We have effective DL already...

Whatever.
I'm just ready to see the Spring game already.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
What in the world...
We need LINEBACKERS.
So far we've offered an inconsistent QB and now a DT. We have effective DL already...

Whatever.
Land 3 capable of playing corner and I’m happy. I previously thought we had four spots after Milton but AP said three. I wonder if releasing Evans bucks that up?

Tennessee doesn't have enough defensive tackle depth where it can afford to be picky. Come on down to Knoxville,John!

What in the world...
We need LINEBACKERS.

Whatever.

We need guys at multiple positions. DT being one of them. Lines of scrimmage are where you win or lose in the SEC.

Reactions: igotworms
I am really curious on the numbers here. My thoughts are we are going to look at 5-6 transfers. I keep reading that we only have 3 slots for transfers and I just don't see us only going after 3. After O&W game, it will be interesting to see how quickly they dive in. I think JHP wants to win now and will be aggressive in the transfer market and look for DT, ILB, DB, OT plus Milton.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
What in the world...
We need LINEBACKERS.

Whatever.
It starts up front. Great linebackers struggle when we can’t get pressure or win one on ones up front. See last year.

Reactions: igotworms
It starts up front. Great linebackers struggle when we can’t get pressure or win one on ones up front. See last year.
Our LBs couldn't cover. And we had no pass rush from the OLB. that was our main problems on defense.
Our run defense was solid.
This dude is a solid player, but we already have a 8-9 solid players at DT/SDE.

We need WRs more than DT. LB and CB are bu far the most pressing needs.

Land 3 capable of playing corner and I’m happy. I previously thought we had four spots after Milton but AP said three. I wonder if releasing Evans bucks that up?
I don't think so in regards to the spot being open because of Evans.

Yeah we need CBs.

I'm not sold on Burrell. His open field tackling is suspect. Taylor is solid. Yeah we need 3 othet solid CBs. I'm very hopeful for Charles.

I don't think so in regards to the spot being open because of Evans.

Yeah we need CBs.

I'm not sold on Burrell. His open field tackling is suspect. Taylor is solid. Yeah we need 3 othet solid CBs. I'm very hopeful for Charles.
I have high hopes for Charles as well. Think we see him playing a lot later in the season.

Reactions: LittleVol
Looks like a one and done. Obviously defer to the coaching staff but not sure why we’d pursue another senior.

Immediate depth at a position of need

From the player interviews, when asked who is showing out, several have mentioned Simmons as coming at them different this year and strong AF. I really hope he dominates this year up front.

Reactions: Scvol7906
From the player interviews, when asked who is showing out, several have mentioned Simmons as coming at them different this year and strong AF. I really hope he dominates this year up front.
Was looking forward to seeing him today. Think I heard them say he was one of the many not playing.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back