IINVINCIBILITY

JFP

Violent drives for layups demand defense with players solidly standing with hands up in direct line of opposition using this force. There is an art to taking action. Trainers should work with players until falling backwards onto a padded surface is learned. Some fouls on both sides will occur. This shouldn't matter so much to Lady Vols. Records show players to come off the bench to do this that have almost no fouls for season. Awareness of where to be on the floor in time is part of the art needed to be practiced.

English translation...being taught to get into position to take an enemy's charging foul...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: T.J.
English translation...being taught to get into position to take an enemy's charging foul...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

I have wondered about this.
It is kind of like Karate.
You learn how to fall,, before you get knocked down.
Same with taking charges...you learn to Butt-slide before you take a charge.
I have seen some of the charges taken in games and cringed at the landings I have seen.

Violent drives for layups demand defense with players solidly standing with hands up in direct line of opposition using this force. There is an art to taking action. Trainers should work with players until falling backwards onto a padded surface is learned. Some fouls on both sides will occur. This shouldn't matter so much to Lady Vols. Records show players to come off the bench to do this that have almost no fouls for season. Awareness of where to be on the floor in time is part of the art needed to be practiced.

Shakespeare in his pointed shoes and bells.

Shakespeare in his pointed shoes and bells.
'But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage!!!!
Shakespeare: Henry V LOL

VN Store

Back