"If you're going to be negative, text or call a friend. Don't put it on social media. Let's be positive about our program"

Time to stop lecturing the fans who pack Neyland after a decade of hot garbage and an opening loss vs GA State. We deserve a medal

They can dish it out in volume but don't like it when any comes back across the net. It is a justification for them when things they don't like happen over and over but their their repetitive use of over the top negative rhetoric should be covered by free speech. For sure this post features this mindset.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
What's the actual question?
Don’t know where nega vol came from for me. I am an alum, vol for life, good and bad and didnt call for firing Pruitt until he was actually gone, not my call. I personally think Fulmer is too revered by some and his flaws went unmentioned. We have had so many incompetent presidents or chancellors in the last decade plus that what we have now is shocking in their excellence. About time.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
They can dish it out in volume but don't like it when any comes back across the net. It is a justification for them when things they don't like happen over and over but their their repetitive use of over the top negative rhetoric should be covered by free speech. For sure this post features this mindset.
Not sure what any of this has to do with free speech. AD White had a good presser but the fan social media comment was unnecessary. At the very least it was an ineffective method to motivate people to be positive. Did he actually think that comment would do the trick? Go to work and give fans something to be positive about. UT athletic department hasn’t earned the right to demand anything of our fans who have been repeatedly kicked in the nuts for going on 15 years now

Not sure what any of this has to do with free speech. AD White had a good presser but the fan social media comment was unnecessary. At the very least it was an ineffective method to motivate people to be positive. Did he actually think that comment would do the trick? Go to work and give fans something to be positive about. UT athletic department hasn’t earned the right to demand anything of our fans who have been repeatedly kicked in the nuts for going on 15 years now

He did not ask ANYBODY to be positive, he asked EVERYBODY to keep any vitriolic negative communications private and out of social media. There is ZERO value add to the program for not cooperating with his request. ZERO. Impossible to measure the real damage,potential but it is not ZERO. Why in the world do we want someone representing themselves as a Vol fan to insult a coach in a public forum simply because his name has come out as a potential candidate for our job.. Who does that help? It can only help rekindle the reputation our entire fanbase had to deal with as Trailer Trash due to the efforts of a limited number of fans acting irrationally. The real problem we have is that it does not matter who he ultimately selects, some number of those with this kind of history will colorfully share the incompetence of our new AD and odds are some clickbait artists will play it up. hopefully Rece Davis is too busy now days. Once again zero value add. I WILL GIVE MY ALL TO FURTHER MY AGENDA AND SHARE MY BRILLIANCE TODAY. Sit back and watch.

He did not ask ANYBODY to be positive, he asked EVERYBODY to keep any vitriolic negative communications private and out of social media. There is ZERO value add to the program for not cooperating with his request. ZERO. Impossible to measure the real damage,potential but it is not ZERO. Why in the world do we want someone representing themselves as a Vol fan to insult a coach in a public forum simply because his name has come out as a potential candidate for our job.. Who does that help? It can only help rekindle the reputation our entire fanbase had to deal with as Trailer Trash due to the efforts of a limited number of fans acting irrationally. The real problem we have is that it does not matter who he ultimately selects, some number of those with this kind of history will colorfully share the incompetence of our new AD and odds are some clickbait artists will play it up. hopefully Rece Davis is too busy now days. Once again zero value add. I WILL GIVE MY ALL TO FURTHER MY AGENDA AND SHARE MY BRILLIANCE TODAY. Sit back and watch.
His comment did literally nothing but kick the hornets nest. It was a “zero value add” as you put it

His comment did literally nothing but kick the hornets nest. It was a “zero value add” as you put it

Well, maybe. This dialog and similar ones we are all having may well identify the fans that are less interested in advancing the Vol nation with cooperation with our leadership and more interested in stirring the pot of the day for reasons unknown. For sure, his statement, made with years of experience in organizations with information and feedback channels not available to most fans, shot down the what goes on in social media has no or negligible impact on college sports mantra. He would not have wasted his air time in his debut presser if he did not feel strongly about the subject. It was obviously an item on his notes to be covered. I doubt he thought he could eliminate the entire pool of fans that prioritize forwarding their agenda on their terms, but was targeting a reduction in number of instances by reaching the more rational in that group. Not all are zealots and some may at least follow his lead until on field results provide an actual basis for negative shots rather than their own predictions based on their own analysis. It will be interesting to count NOT the number of offending posts, but the number of posters making them. I don't do classical social media so this site will be my primary tool to see results or lack thereof. I will refrain from putting on my Orange turban, pulling my Orange tinted crystal ball out of the closet, and predicting the trends.

VolNation was here before the phrase “social media” was popularized. Therefore, we’re grandfathered in as a separate entity. There’s an ongoing debate as to whether or not forums are social media anyway.

So Negavols unite!

VolNation was here before the phrase “social media” was popularized. Therefore, we’re grandfathered in as a separate entity. There’s an ongoing debate as to whether or not forums are social media anyway.

So Negavols unite!

Well here is the Wiki definition

Social media are interactive digitally-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation or sharing/exchange of information, ideas, career interests, and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.

Pretty clear to me that VN is under that umbrella. Not surprising that those on the edge continue to try and limit their liabilities. Not a new scheme at all. Started with Adam and that apple thing.

Well here is the Wiki definition

Social media are interactive digitally-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation or sharing/exchange of information, ideas, career interests, and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.

Pretty clear to me that VN is under that umbrella. Not surprising that those on the edge continue to try and limit their liabilities. Not a new scheme at all. Started with Adam and that apple thing.

Wikerpedias are fake news. Negavols forever!

VN Store

Back