If you care about the Lady Vols, pay attention to the AD candidates

Does anyone know what the job actually consists of? Anyone have an AD job description?
Main job, for 2 weeks every 3 years fire the football coach and hire a new one. (Tongue in cheek)
If you look at the Tennessee athletic department you will see a bunch of things the AD is responsible for such as compliance, financial/budget stuff, facilities, overseeing ALL the sports, getting donations, scheduling, ticketing, fundraisers, going to lunches, signing/negotiating contracts, etc., etc..
I guess an ex coach might have a slight advantage in getting the job since they should have a pretty good idea of the inner workings of the athletic department and they should know what to look for in hiring a coach and has rubbed elbows with a lot of other coaches over the years.

I agree we haven't had anyone interested in Lady Vol Basketball lately. We hired a coach that was not a big winner at any other stop, and with our tradition, I think that we can see that was a mistake. She did learn one thing that a timeout sometimes is necessary, but unfortunately it was one game to late.
Oh,give it a rest. Kellie is doing just fine!

kellie jolly help tennessee beat unconn & odu . no kellie tennessee lost two both teams. and she back acl first year 1997. i watch tenn since late 80s kellie the best point i seen play for tennessee. she pass up shots being close to the basket. sshe could score more is she care about self. tell us aplayer comeback acl knee injury. she was need in unconn ncaa final 8 she score 19

kellie jolly help tennessee beat unconn & odu . no kellie tennessee lost two both teams. and she back acl first year 1997. i watch tenn since late 80s kellie the best point i seen play for tennessee. she pass up shots being close to the basket. sshe could score more is she care about self. tell us aplayer comeback acl knee injury. she was need in unconn ncaa final 8 she score 19

2013-09-30.jpg

l think kellie jolly harper was better point guard than kara lawson. in 97 seoson went kellie had acl knee njury first of the season they lost to unconn and old d then she comes back they beat both teams in ncaa torment. my point is kellie was a great point and kara lawson is a new coach. somebody said we should hire kara . i do not agree. i do not think tenn wins it all without kellie she had 19 in unconn final 8 ncaa gam 97 seoson

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
l think kellie jolly harper was better point guard than kara lawson. in 97 seoson went kellie had acl knee njury first of the season they lost to unconn and old d then she comes back they beat both teams in ncaa torment. my point is kellie was a great point and kara lawson is a new coach. somebody said we should hire kara . i do not agree. i do not think tenn wins it all without kellie she had 19 in unconn final 8 ncaa gam 97 seoson
Hi Mudcat,
I’m the one who mentioned Kara LAwson. Sorry I wasn’t clearer that I think Kara would make a great athletic director some day. She and Peyton were both Torchbearers. The highest honor given at UT. I wasn’t saying Kara should be LV coach. My bad.
I love Kellie as our coach. And you are right Kellie was a great point guard and super tough to come back from that acl.

Hi Mudcat,
I’m the one who mentioned Kara LAwson. Sorry I wasn’t clearer that I think Kara would make a great athletic director some day. She and Peyton were both Torchbearers. The highest honor given at UT. I wasn’t saying Kara should be LV coach. My bad.
I love Kellie as our coach. And you are right Kellie was a great point guard and super tough to come back from that acl
Hi Mudcat,
I love Kellie as our coach. And you are right Kellie was a great point guard and super tough to come back from that acl.
hi luzy not just you but for all posters who say kellie can not recuit 20 class destiny does not turn over the ball should be backup point guard and she plays some defence. marta play guard for spain and she shot and pass pretty good. the team does good when she in the game. i saw her set picks for teammates. even espn says she going be good. tess can shoot the 3ball same other two.if watch youtube game of high game she play defence and score.hope her leg gets better. point is all there are going make a impact. first class kellie time before juding her .

hi luzy not just you but for all posters who say kellie can not recuit 20 class destiny does not turn over the ball should be backup point guard and she plays some defence. marta play guard for spain and she shot and pass pretty good. the team does good when she in the game. i saw her set picks for teammates. even espn says she going be good. tess can shoot the 3ball same other two.if watch youtube game of high game she play defence and score.hope her leg gets better. point is all there are going make a impact. first class kellie time before juding her .
luzy i love kellie as coach to. i did mean you on all the other posters

VN Store

Back