If you’re getting and XSX/XSS or PS5 (120hz)

Can't run audio out of the TV to the receiver?

I'm not sure what you mean. My TV has one eARC supported HDMI port. I have my HDMI cable running from that port to the TV ARC out port on my receiver. Then I will have my PS5 going from the console into the "Game" HDMI in port on the receiver. How are you suggesting that I should do it?

Might not be possible. I've started realizing an optical out isn't a given any more on TVs.

Bought a LG Nano90 this weekend just for the new consoles. Will wait until they have better options to get a monitor. The nano90 does well with 4k 120 and has the newer HDMI 2.1 ports. I prefer using a monitor, they just don’t have many out with hdmi 2.1 right now
How are you liking this? I’m looking at this but really want the CX if I pull the trigger.

How are you liking this? I’m looking at this but really want the CX if I pull the trigger.
I love the tv but I am probably getting the CX as well. The nano I got is a 49 and gonna put it in the boys room and I’ll get the bigger CX for my man cave. The nano is excellent though outside of pretty bad local dim lighting.

Most people who get a new console aren’t going to have a truly capable 120hz tv or monitor. True Motion 120/240 TVs aren’t the same as 120hz and most 120hz monitors don’t support it over the older hdmi standards. My 144hz Dell gaming monitor is locked at 60hz over hdmi.

I really wonder if most people realize they aren’t going to be getting more than 60fps.

So, do you have a monitor or tv that’s capable? If so, what is it? If not are you assuming you’ll be happy with 60? Or are you buying a new one?

I got an 86 inch LG in my sons room and a 75 inch samsung in my room. Both have 120 ports.

If I can find a X i will let you know how it compares to his current S.

These things arent that easy to find.

I got an 86 inch LG in my sons room and a 75 inch samsung in my room. Both have 120 ports.

If I can find a X i will let you know how it compares to his current S.

These things arent that easy to find.

Ain't that the truth. Still looking to find a 5 for my....."kid"? :D

Reactions: NEO
Ain't that the truth. Still looking to find a 5 for my....."kid"? :D

My son through me a curve ball at Christmas. Said he wanted a computer instead. I got an Ipower from bestbuy with a nvidia chip and 16gb of ram that can be increased to 32.

He rarely plays his xbox now if at all.

He is starting to mod games etc.

My son through me a curve ball at Christmas. Said he wanted a computer instead. I got an Ipower from bestbuy with a nvidia chip and 16gb of ram that can be increased to 32.

He rarely plays his xbox now if at all.

He is starting to mod games etc.

Nice, gotta love when the kiddos start showing interest in the PC world. I built my new system not all that long ago but I don't game on it much other than say Skrim and WoW. Truth be told the PS5 really would be more for the kid than me but I'm claiming first dibs when I find one!

Reactions: NEO
I've been a console gamer since I was a kid. Sega Genesis was probably my first console. I've always played on a TV. A couple of my friends have switched to monitors and swear by it, so im giving it a shot. What do yall think? Playing on a Series X.

I've been a console gamer since I was a kid. Sega Genesis was probably my first console. I've always played on a TV. A couple of my friends have switched to monitors and swear by it, so im giving it a shot. What do yall think? Playing on a Series X.

Does it support greater than 60hz over HDMI? If not 144hz will be useless and you'd be better of getting something that's 4k/60.

That works.

I don't know what else is out there that compares, but seems solid for the price.
Got the monitor today. I was wrong it actually does 120 fps @ 1440 not 1080. So that was a nice surprise. Haven't played extended time with it but so far its awesome.

Reactions: Freak

VN Store

Back