If we win out...and win our bowl game...what would our projected rank be?

Around 30th IMHO. A team that loses the two games UT lost early on does not deserve to be in the top 25 no matter what they do afterward.
Byu is not a awful team and they was beat with key players out and alot of new players wish we could start are season now knowing what they know now.

Around 30th IMHO. A team that loses the two games UT lost early on does not deserve to be in the top 25 no matter what they do afterward.

Meh, I disagree but its not worth arguing over. Its a different team. I know many will never let it go, but as long as they continue to improve and win, I won't think about those two.

By some chance we do end up in the top 25, it won't matter if you, I or anyone here thinks we deserve it. Haha.

I agree though, I think the best we can expect is somewhere close to 30. Where I do agree with fade, is just win, that's what matters most. Just keep winning.

I took the atomic weight of the wax that Butch is applying to Sabans car, multiplied that by the basis weight of a sheet of papyrus, divided that by PI and then multiplied that by the FPI and it tells me we would be ranked 27th if we win out.

Sorry, the numbers do not lie.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It’s an arbitrary measuring stick and it’s importance in recruiting is overstated imo.

I don’t follow the logic here. If the rank isn’t that important to recruiting, then why do the teams whom are ranked the highest get the best recruiting classes? Being ranked shows improvement, especially to recruits. Take this year for example. Let’s just say this year we win out plus a bol win. And we finish 22nd. You don’t think recruits will take notice at the VAST improvement? I mean after the GS and BYU games, most thought we could only win 2 games this year. Being ranked at the end of the year is pretty important to the program as a whole and especially recruiting.

Tennessee wont be ranked in the Top 25 with an 8-5 record. I think however that if Tennessee finishes the season 8-5 that they will be ranked in the Top 25 in the 2020 preseason college football polls.

It will be difficult to be ranked at 8-5, but not impossible. There are 5 loss teams ranked every year, albeit with 9 wins. Auburn was the last 8-5 team to be ranked in 2017.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I don’t follow the logic here. If the rank isn’t that important to recruiting, then why do the teams whom are ranked the highest get the best recruiting classes? Being ranked shows improvement, especially to recruits. Take this year for example. Let’s just say this year we win out plus a bol win. And we finish 22nd. You don’t think recruits will take notice at the VAST improvement? I mean after the GS and BYU games, most thought we could only win 2 games this year. Being ranked at the end of the year is pretty important to the program as a whole and especially recruiting.

You answered your own questions. Recruits are enticed by programs that are improving and winning. You don’t need a ranking to tell you that. I can tell right now there is a lot to sell right now with Tennessee and we’re no where near a ranking.

Huh? Wins are important. What some group of random assistant coaches or beat writers think about our wins is not important to me unless we were too 10 with a chance at a playoff run. Sorry that gets your jimmies rustled
You have absolutely no concept of reality do you? Do you really have no concept of how badly you are contradicting yourself? The same group of random coaches and beat writers pick the top ten as well. Homer Simpson award winner.

I was just looking at the CBS complete rankings with wonder and hope...where do you guys see us?? If you really feel like indulging....what do you think our rankings will be after each of our wins along the way?

I’m just worried about winning this weekend, after our start I’m trying to get through one Saturday at a time. We can worry about being ranked after we make it to a bowl game.

I think it comes down to ticket sales! Tennessee goes 7-5 , I think the fans would fill the stadium, so I’m thinking a better bowl than some think

I prefer to deal with realities despite being a Marvel Comics "What If" fan.

View attachment 235072

Woodsman, you are awesome! I hope when I am in the Northwest again (if memory serves me, that is where you live) I get to hang out with you. I bet it would be an adventure. I know I would get some good food and an interesting experience. I truly appreciate your imagination! I used to be a professional artist and I am still a SciFi connoisseur. Please keep making people confused!

Last edited:
Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Damn straight it would matter. This us blue font, right? Lol.

After the way last year ended and this one started, with many including me thinking we might be lucky to win 3 games??? I mean, obviously we still might not win but 3, but it looks a lot better than it did.

I think if we win out and a bowl it would probably put us in the 28-35 range, just a guess. We're 67 now. But if we we're to get in at 25? Pfffttt. Yes, it would matter to me.

It would certainly help with recruiting...and the extra month of practice would be a tremendous boon to the team!!

8-5 would probably put us outside the top 25. Probably 30-35, number 7 in the SEC, 3rd in the Sec east and we would be looking at the Belk or Liberty bowl. Maybe top 25 in final rankings if we win our bowl game and ranked in the preseason next year.

VN Store

Back