If we lose to Arkansas, where does that put Pruitt and the fanbase?

Volbrando

I’m getting dejavu every couple of years regardless of the HC, staff, or players we have and the results seem to always end up the same. We get frustrated with lack of results, we demand a new coach eventually, and then we rinse and repeat all over again.

If we come off a bye week and lose to Arkansas (who has been a dumpster fire more than us in previous years, but doing well in year 1 with a new HC and a transfer qb), where does that put Pruitt and volnation?

I know it’s a covid year and we just played Georgia and Bama in the last 3 games, but the Kentucky game and others questionable things are starting to eat at the fanbase.

Last year we somehow went on a long winning streak to end the season but of course the remaining games this year are going to be more challenging and also ending with Florida which is going to either potentially save the season if we win or leave a bad taste in our mouths in the entire off season and the hot seat gets warmer again.

Where do we go from here to eventually get different results? Give the staff more time to see if they can finally get the ship going in the right directions, or in a couple of years punt and get a new coach and think things will be different the next time around?

I think this is going to be a long rebuild regardless of the coach. There are some questionable things happening at times but are we too quick to start thinking about coaching searches once again and thinking anything will be different if we hit the reset button? I’m also beginning to think the more we fire our coaches after a couple of seasons, the less real coaches would want to come here.

All I know is I want us to be good again. How we get there I don’t know but I’m getting tired of the cycle which ends up the same way

Last edited:
If they lose to Sam Pittman in his first year at Arkansas it's just another indictment on a bad hire. I'll say they either go 3-2 or 2-3 down the stretch. Possibly 1-4 and they're still not firing Beldar. This administration doesn't give a **** about football and the fans should take note of that and save their money, that's if they ever let people back in the stands..

I’m getting dejavu every couple of years regardless of the HC, staff, or players we have and the results seem to always end up the same. We get frustrated with lack of results, we demand a new coach eventually, and then we rinse and repeat all over again.

If we come off a bye week and lose to Arkansas (who has been a dumpster fire more than us in previous years, but doing well in year 1 with a new HC and a transfer qb), where does that put Pruitt and volnation?

I know it’s a covid year and we just played Georgia and Bama in the last 3 games, but the Kentucky game and others questionable things are starting to eat at the fanbase.

Last year we somehow went on a long winning streak to end the season but of course the remaining games this year are going to be more challenging and also ending with Florida which is going to either potentially save the season if we win or leave a bad taste in our mouths in the entire off season and the hot seat gets warmer again.

Where do we go from here to eventually get different results? Give the staff more time to see if they can finally get the ship going in the right directions, or in a couple of years punt and get a new coach and think things will be different the next time around?

I think this is going to be a long rebuild regardless of the coach. There are some questionable things happening at times but are we too quick to start thinking about coaching searches once again and thinking anything will be different if we hit the reset button? I’m also beginning to think the more we fire our coaches after a couple of seasons, the less real coaches would want to come here.

All I know is I want us to be good again. How we get there I don’t know but I’m getting tired of the cycle which ends up the same way
I am concerned that this exact fear is why CJP would keep JG as starting QB. You really have to view it the other way. What do you have to lose with a new QB?

Our D should be able to stop the Arkansas O but their D is playing pretty good and forcing turnovers. I never though Franks was an accurate passer but he is a big guy and can hurt us with his scrambles. It’s a winnable game but we have to show up and play.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I agree with you, we cannot keep firing a coach every 3-4 years and starting over. Look at KY, they have clearly always been a basketball school and football was just kinda there. They hire Stoops and give him time and now they are a upper middle of the pack SEC team instead of a lower tier SEC school. I think we have to give Pruitt 5 years minimum, we were a dumpster fire when he arrived (and maybe still are).

Our D should be able to stop the Arkansas O but their D is playing pretty good and forcing turnovers. I never though Franks was an accurate passer but he is a big guy and can hurt us with his scrambles. It’s a winnable game but we have to show up and play.
We made Franks look like a heisTman candidate when he was at FL. He will light up our D backs for 400+ yards. We have no pass rush and can't tackle once the catch is made.
( It is a heisTman because Peyton got robbed).

Agreed bro........its almost like.......tenor (18).gif

It puts Pruitt in the position of being the guy making 4.2 million a year until 2025 and it puts us in the position of watching a lousy football team as long as he sticks around.

I suspect they will beat Vandy and Pruitt will treat Auburn like a rivalry game so they may squeak that one out.

Not seeing them beating the Aggies or FL.

So Arkansas is the toss up game as to whether they hit .500 or not.

I agree with you, we cannot keep firing a coach every 3-4 years and starting over. Look at KY, they have clearly always been a basketball school and football was just kinda there. They hire Stoops and give him time and now they are a upper middle of the pack SEC team instead of a lower tier SEC school. I think we have to give Pruitt 5 years minimum, we were a dumpster fire when he arrived (and maybe still are).
The Bama fans who said this when they talked about firing Mike Shula probably agree with you.

I think Pruitt had some good, sound coaching opinions when he was first hired. When the team did not gel, over the last two years, he seemed lost and doesn't know how to fix things. He keeps firing assistants to hopefully right the ship. He needs help in working things out from someone who has been there. IMO, we need a consultant, not named Fulmer, who doesn't have ties to the program. Again, all my opinion.

It puts us in the same place we were after losing to KY for the first time in ages in Tennessee.

Unhappy we have a ****** coach that's made us bottom tier. I see us going 1 - 4.

Ark loss
Tex A&m loss..
Auburn loss
Candy maybe win
FL loss

The coach doesn't get it and there is no improvement.
We beat Candy by forfeit!

Reactions: MeanOrange
It’s must win IMO. Don’t get me wrong Pruitt won’t be fired this year, but if we lose to Arkansas, coming off a bye week, with it being their HC first year it will be bad. It will hurt recruiting, the fan base will be completely done, Pruitt will have the boo birds out for every game in Neyland. He will not get the benefit of the doubt on anything going into next season. He might very well lose the locker rooms well.

If we had a QB then there is a 50/50 chance we win that Georgia game. No way in hellnwe lose the Kentucky game. We potentially could be 4-1 right now. At worse 3-2 with a close loss to Georgia and maybe the loss to Alabama wouldnt have been as bad. But until Pruitt quits playing hand jockey with JG like he is some Catholic school boy then we are not winning much this year. That win streak last year could have went way dififerent without some lucky breaks.

It puts us in the same place we were after losing to KY for the first time in ages in Tennessee.

Unhappy we have a ****** coach that's made us bottom tier. I see us going 1 - 4.

Ark loss
Tex A&m loss..
Auburn loss
Candy maybe win
FL loss

The coach doesn't get it and there is no improvement.
I agree with the predictions. Idk how anybody who has watched the last 3 weeks can honestly say any of those games are winnable for us.

Reactions: rkvdg
I think Pruitt had some good, sound coaching opinions when he was first hired. When the team did not gel, over the last two years, he seemed lost and doesn't know how to fix things. He keeps firing assistants to hopefully right the ship. He needs help in working things out from someone who has been there. IMO, we need a consultant, not named Fulmer, who doesn't have ties to the program. Again, all my opinion.
So we need to hire a super coach to coach the coach that makes over 4m per year? Yeah, I don’t see that happening. Just fire the one that is crappy at coaching and hire a quality coach, not some grab bag up and comer.

So we need to hire a super coach to coach the coach that makes over 4m per year? Yeah, I don’t see that happening. Just fire the one that is crappy at coaching and hire a quality coach, not some grab bag up and comer.
Hugh Freeze, down the road at Liberty. He comes with baggage but if UT wants to be relevant again it has to roll the dice

VN Store

Back