If we finish 7-5

Not sure. Our WR core will drop off since Tee hasn’t brought in any studs yet. Crouch will start but he can’t replace both Taylor and Bituli. Someone has to step up there. I do agree regarding Warrior.
I will say that we wont have someone better than Trey Smith to step in next year. But the Oline as a whole will be better.

Yea 7-5 would be tough just because that means we could’ve been 9-3. But I would still be excited after a 1-4 start. All about perspective I guess.

Exactly. I look at 7-5 and think, wow what a missed opportunity. We absolutely should've finished 9-3 with a possible 10th win in a bowl game. But as it stands we are now faced with an at best 7 win season (8 with a bowl win) and looking at a probable down year next season with Oklahoma on the schedule. Of course this all could've been tempered with hope from a couple of highly rated recruiting classes but oh wait, that's not happening so...

QB position will be stronger
OL will be stronger
DL will be stronger
RB will be stronger
LB will be about the same in the beginning
DB will be stronger
Still have Brooks and Cimaglia

WR???
Palmer can be a #1. Will he?
Gibbs has all the talent. Older guy, but can he be consistent?
Keyton maybe ends up #2
Johnson will start in the slot. #3
Need Hyatt and Jimmy Calloway to come in ready...

Last edited:
Reactions: Volank
QB position will be stronger
OL will be stronger
DL will be stronger
RB will be stronger
LB will be about the same in the beginning
DB will be stronger
Still have Brooks and Cimaglia

WR???
Palmer can be a #1. Will he?
Gibbs has all the talent. Older guy, but can he be consistent?
Keyton maybe ends up #2
Need Hyatt and Jimmy Calloway to come in ready...

I am with you.

OL as a group will be better even without a stud like trey. Should have more depth as well as continuity

DL will be better on the interior. Need to find a pass rusher

LB depends on Henry's development. Need JJ to come on and provide some depth. Just need more bodies here as a whole. Does Banks comeback somehow?

Secondary should be better as a group. Warrior has been lights out the last 5 games though. Somebody needs to step up as the eraser.

RB should be improved with continued development.

QB better. If JG finishes strong could see him coming back. Bring in Bailey, Maurer RS's, Shrout transfers. If JG stays healthy and plays well Hill can backup and leave a RS frosh Bailey and RS soph Maurer to battle for starter in 2021.

WR's. Will not be as good b/c Jennings and Callaway are beaststuds but Gibbs, Palmer, Johnson, and Keyton is a formidable group if Gibbs is as billed and Johnson can elevate his game. There is talent there and they all have experience with JG. Need a good recruit or 2 though.

TE. Worse. DWA is a stud. Still in on Washington, dude is a grown man

Reactions: Lane Train 4
I saw a Mock 2020 NFL Draft that had Trey Smith being drafted in the 2nd round by the Arizona Cardinals
I'm kinda surprised by that. Obviously he's a great talent but I've wondered if the NFL would take a chance on a guy with his medical history who also can't practice the same as other linemen. I'll be happy for him but I just didn't expect him to go that high, all things considered.

I'm kinda surprised by that. Obviously he's a great talent but I've wondered if the NFL would take a chance on a guy with his medical history who also can't practice the same as other linemen. I'll be happy for him but I just didn't expect him to go that high, all things considered.
2020 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Last edited:

VN Store

Back