If This Is The End Of The Season What Grade Would You Give The 2019-2020 BasketVols?

What Grade Would You Give The 2019-2020 Tennessee Men's Basketball Team?

• A+

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • A-

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • A

• B+

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • B

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • B-

Votes: 50 23.6%
  • C+

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • C

Votes: 31 14.6%
  • C-

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • D or F

• Total voters

Tennesseefan2019

ALL LIVES MATTER!
If this is the end of the 2019-2020 season thanks to Coronavirus what grade would you give to the BasketVols? With the injuries and youth of the team I would give them a B-.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I gave a B-. You lost Bone and Grant a year earlier than expected . You lost Lamonte after a handful of games and you bring in two players mid season and prove to be competitive. Plus, you at least laid the smack down to the mouth breathers at Rupp. Overall, they were a little better than I expected them to be this year.

^^ That's like grading on a curve. C-. They need to do much better next season. I think at a minimum Tennessee should have made the field of 68 this season. Next season awaits.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I don't know how anyone could argue it's anything above a B. We weren't going to make the tournament. I think C is about right. Losing Bone a year early and then Turner unexpectedly made this season a gap year, but the recruiting gap the past couple years is on Barnes. So I'll go with "C" with high hopes for next season.

I’m going to give them a b- . They could’ve easily won 20+ this year .

Before the season, I thought the team would be a bubble team that would be on the right side of the bubble. Losing LT bumped us to a NIT team.

I have 3 grades

Overall (C+) - In line with expectations factoring in the LT injury
In-season coaching, development, effort (B+) - Team played hard and maximized talent.
Roster composition (D) - Poor roster management, not a lot of talent given tailwinds, recruiting whiffs. One of the 5 least talented teams in the SEC.

Before season I thought 9-9 would be SEC record and I thought we would have a better out of conference than we did. We should have beat Cincinnati, Wisconsin ( they played lights out ), and Memphis. Would have made 20-11 and possibly a tourney bid. With LT injury, player turnover and JJJ missing games, I would say B- or C+.
They played hard and did not quit. Loved the two victories over KY and FL. Not enough in tank to challenge Auburn

I don't know how anyone could argue it's anything above a B. We weren't going to make the tournament. I think C is about right. Losing Bone a year early and then Turner unexpectedly made this season a gap year, but the recruiting gap the past couple years is on Barnes. So I'll go with "C" with high hopes for next season.

4 Players from last year are making money doing the sport now, as I understand it. Two of them lefter early. One was the point guard, and was somewhat unexpected. One player was denied eligibility for half the season. It should have been a no-brainer to allow him to play from the get-go. Two or three of the freshman were injured for most or all of the pre-season. Our next in line point guard was limited in ability to perform, and eventually had to retire mid-season. We were forced to play several players who normally would have been brought along slowly.

We were really lucky to get Vescovi, but normally he would have been brought along slowly, not thrown into the fire.

Our new 7 footer obviously performed below expectations, but otherwise, I don't know what people would expect. Fulkerson performed above probably about 95% of people's expectations. Pons was SEC Defensive Player of the year, with record-tying (due to shortened season) blocks. Bowden struggled, but I think many of us expected as much, now that he became a focus...Freshmen everywhere. This was almost of mirror copy of Barnes' 2nd season here, with all the freshmen. We even beat Ky at Rupp!

I give a solid A. It wasn't perfect, but we persevered. About as successful as I could expect, under the circumstances. If this were Kentucky, I might deduct a letter grade for past recruiting, but this is Tennessee, and they recruited at the top level THIS YEAR. So, I stand by my grade.

C- because we pulled it out against Kentucky. Being 8th place in a bad SEC can't in any way be considered average or above.

Too many missed opportunities to give anything better than a C+. The win at Kentucky adds a letter grade by itself however.

VN Store

Back