"If" there's no football season.....

The season will go on, most likely without fans in attendance. That’s just my opinion. Normalcy will not fully return until a vaccine has been found. We will improve in treatment capability which will allow for small gatherings (team sized).

Again, my opinion. Not a doctor or even affiliated with the medical field.

I agree with this for the most part. Large gatherings will be discouraged until a vaccine is in place. But sports will resume in empty stadiums so that people can be somewhat entertained at home.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I agree with this for the most part. Large gatherings will be discouraged until a vaccine is in place. But sports will resume in empty stadiums so that people can be somewhat entertained at home.
Once 80% of the country has had the virus by summer, social distancing will have lost its import for this first cycle and people will be back to regular movement and interaction.

There will be a 2020 college football season. With butts in the stands IMO.

Next cycle? Hopefully we have a vaccine ready.

Reactions: 24/7vol
I am not on Facebook and have worked in healthcare since 1971. If you want to bring facts that is one thing but asserting your personal assumption is another.
Where are these “facts” that you speak of showing the same mortality rate as seasonal flu? WHO, CDC, IDSA all disagree with your assessment. You work in health care? Where might that be? Just asking so I never go there for services

Blessing in disguise maybe. They're a hassle to manage from what I've heard.
It’s really not all it’s cracked up to be. Lots of maintenance and too many logistical issues with all of the models traveling to and from, especially when the Seaplane is acting up.

At some point well before the football season the government just has to say "you know the risks and the best practice methods for avoiding contraction of the virus, do what you need and want to do." Beacuse if the countrys still in lock down by August we'll be worried about roving gangs of marauders and the consequences of marshall law; football will seem like a long lost fantansy world.
I’ve spoken with some very experienced and informed professionals. They don’t think we can survive more than 30 days of lockdown. If we go much further than that, unemployment will skyrocket. Hunger and fear of becoming homeless will cause people to feel desperate.

The educational system was lost a decade ago minimum. I have a 9 year old daughter that I couldn't help with her math homework because of number lines and bubble groups. They completely changed the way stuff is taught. I showed her the way I was taught and she excels in math now but the foundation they taught were under common core was useless and overly complicated. Fortunately we moved out of the school system (georgia) that was draconian in wanting it done the common core way and into Maryville city schools that are much more focused on learning do do the work than enforcement of common core.

I was taught the "new math" you do not seem to approve, in 1969. It helped land Neil Armstrong land on the moon and supply capsules dock at the ISS, etc., etc. Today, it makes computer assisted designs possible, as well as computer controlled machines, e.g. high precision machining, cutting, additive printing, etc. The x,y,z axis are math symbols for points in space.

Last edited:
I am not on Facebook and have worked in healthcare since 1971. If you want to bring facts that is one thing but asserting your personal assumption is another.

I’m sorry, but before you tell someone to not assert their personal opinion, you should avoid the same. The flu has a death rate around 0.1%. Globally, Covid 19 has a mortality rate of 3% ranging from a worst case 9% in Italy to a best case 1% in the US. That does, in fact make this disease 10x worse.

Source: Coronavirus Update (Live): 590,015 Cases and 26,939 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

If you wish to refute any of the above, I would ask that you cite sources. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that every credible source (the CDC has the same numbers, just not broken out as well) disproves you’re point.

Until China gets a real public health system, and stops giving the world SARS or Avian Flu, or COVID its time to rethink doing business with them...

Lol. 👌 try explaining that to the companies paying pennies on the dollar for labor. You think they’re ever going to give that up? Get real. How would you feel about paying $3,000 for an iPhone? Because without that cheap Chinese labor, the companies that manufacture there will pass on the costs to consumers if they have to pay more for manufacturing. US companies are addicted to cheap Chinese labor and I don’t think anything the US government can do will change that. And if it isn’t China, it’s India. And then Bangladesh and so on and so forth. There’s always going to be a country that provides cheaper labor. It’s inevitable. Large companies will not sacrifice profits.

I was taught the "new math" you do not seem to approve, in 1969. It helped land Neil Armstrong land on the moon and supply capsules dock at the ISS, etc., etc. Today, it makes computer assisted designs possible, as well as computer controlled machines, e.g. high precision machining, cutting, additive printing, etc. The x,y,z axis are math symbols for points in space.

whaaaa2.gif

tenor.gif

Where are these “facts” that you speak of showing the same mortality rate as seasonal flu? WHO, CDC, IDSA all disagree with your assessment. You work in health care? Where might that be? Just asking so I never go there for services

The same CDC that said producing a bunch of testing kits wasn’t necessary?

Reactions: feathersax
I..... the OP was just wanting to know people's thoughts. IF there was no season what would the NCAA do with scholarship numbers and athlete's already on campus assuming they receive redshirts just like baseball/softball athletes. All the speculation and opinions on the virus are all unwarranted, considering that we all know people will die because of it. Which in itself is enough for myself to not give an opinion on what I or we don't know. May God bless those families affected by this. VFL!!! 🍊

Probably more like a feeling of relief that he can protect his family in case of the worst case scenario. I have done the same as those that should that can handle a firearm. Not everyone is "itching" for killing just precautious for protection.

But if someone is dumb enough to steal? or attack him? If the judge doesn't have the good common sense to kick the case outta court? He will want me on the jury. Just as I would want guys like him on mine if it comes to that.

The same CDC that said producing a bunch of testing kits wasn’t necessary?
Oh so you think this whole thing was botched from the get go? Yeah, me too. Lots of blame to go around. Still, are you going to discount peer reviewed epidemiological studies published in the New England Journal or the Lancet? or just go with your gut?

If there’s no football, there won’t be much of anything else. Few schools make money on basketball to play both men & women ( you ain’t playing one without the other) and no schools make money on spring sports. Few schools are going to spend down their nest egg, if they have one, for women’s or spring sports.

As much as I hate to admit it, I just don't see how we could have a football season without a vaccine. Crappy. My biggest concern going forward is the lack of funds to support having players and staff without revenues from events. Additionally, how can the universities remain operational with no students. Concerned that online learning may not be enough. We're definitely facing lots of difficult challenges.

In addition, how would the NCAA manage roster numbers with the missing season. Plus how to handle the incoming freshmen. I think there has to be a relaxing of the roster limits for the 2021 and 2022 seasons across all the sports. Just my thoughts.

VN Store

Back