"If" there's no football season.....

I think we will have a football season. A lot of countries are relaxing on their lockdowns already. Some countries are even opening up schools in the next week. Trump has proposed slowly re-opening parts of the economy already and I heard suggestions that they are going to slowly start re-opening things especially to those of us that are not considered high risk. Since this is already being discussed, I have a feeling football season will be back on by Sept.

I truly hope you are right. Because this stuff is a pain in the butt in so many ways. I've lost more revenue in the past 2 months then I have in the previous 10 years combined.

I hope the rest of you all aren't hurting too bad ❤.

This sucks man...

I truly hope you are right. Because this stuff is a pain in the butt in so many ways. I've lost more revenue in the past 2 months then I have in the previous 10 years combined.

I hope the rest of you all aren't hurting too bad ❤.

This sucks man...
I was about to close on my own private island, then this **** happened.

Reactions: LittleVol
Sure seem to be a lot of alarmist on this site. The mortality rate for this illness is at the rate of the flu at worst. We need to stop the media driven panic. Any death is regrettable but since we are organisms death is also inevitable. We average 732 deaths per week in this country in transportation accidents. Should we shut down I-40?
^ doesn't understand exponential growth

Since the dawn of man, humanity has survived pandemics and devastating plagues that decimated huge portions of the population.
We'll survive this as well and eventually return to normalcy. Hopefully sooner than later.
If we build up the immunity to this and get a vaccine ASAP

My wife and I were “joking” earlier today that they should issue 1/5 the number of tickets this year and have everybody sit 6 feet apart. Hopefully this is over by then. I don’t think people will put up with being stopped from doing what they want/need to that long.

Unfortunately there won’t be a case where all members are redshirted. They’ll have simply lost a year. It sucks but a lot of people will have to realize they’re going to miss a lot of good times.

Incorrect. The NCAA is already awarding the spring sports athletes an extra year of eligibility, in effect doing exactly that. If the fall sports seasons aren't played, they will do the same for them. And whatever solution they approve next week for the scholarship numbers will apply to them as well.

If we lose a college football season that is still over 5 months away, then our education system is completely lost to the irrational, ultra left administrators...most of whom have NEVER spent one day in the real world.

And for those of you who were educated in this cesspool in the last 20 years who are home clutching momma and daddy...this isn’t the way the rest of us attended college. I attended UT in the late 80s and I can promise you one thing ... Lamar Alexander would not have cancelled classes... nor would have any college President...and we damn sure would have survived.

If we lose a college football season that is still over 5 months away, then our education system is completely lost to the irrational, ultra left administrators...most of whom have NEVER spent one day in the real world.

And for those of you who were educated in this cesspool in the last 20 years who are home clutching momma and daddy...this isn’t the way the rest of us attended college. I attended UT in the late 80s and I can promise you one thing ... Lamar Alexander would not have cancelled classes... nor would have any college President...and we damn sure would have survived.

The educational system was lost a decade ago minimum. I have a 9 year old daughter that I couldn't help with her math homework because of number lines and bubble groups. They completely changed the way stuff is taught. I showed her the way I was taught and she excels in math now but the foundation they taught were under common core was useless and overly complicated. Fortunately we moved out of the school system (georgia) that was draconian in wanting it done the common core way and into Maryville city schools that are much more focused on learning do do the work than enforcement of common core.

Sure seem to be a lot of alarmist on this site. The mortality rate for this illness is at the rate of the flu at worst. We need to stop the media driven panic. Any death is regrettable but since we are organisms death is also inevitable. We average 732 deaths per week in this country in transportation accidents. Should we shut down I-40?
And how many people a year die of drug overdose?

Reactions: onevol74
At some point well before the football season the government just has to say "you know the risks and the best practice methods for avoiding contraction of the virus, do what you need and want to do." Beacuse if the countrys still in lock down by August we'll be worried about roving gangs of marauders and the consequences of marshall law; football will seem like a long lost fantansy world.

Also, add the looters in there for Toilet Paper shortages. Put on your "Mad Max" gear and get ready.;)

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I know all current players will receive redshirts, but if the high schools do go back and follow a shortened school schedule guidelines or the leave no child behind guidelines. So essentially you have a whole team granted another year. What do you think the NCAA would do with all the 2021 class of signees??? They'd have to up the scholarship numbers... correct???

P.S. I do think we will have a season, was just wondering what my fellow vol brothers and sisters thought. GO VOLS🍊🏈🏀⚾🥎 VFL!!! God bless you all and errrrbody stay safe ✌

I for one think there will be a football season this fall. I also think college football will probably have the best attendance ever since fans have been deprived of any football until then.

Reactions: 24/7vol
Probably more like a feeling of relief that he can protect his family in case of the worst case scenario. I have done the same as those that should that can handle a firearm. Not everyone is "itching" for killing just precautious for protection.

Agree, but "Not everyone" is exactly that, not everyone. I bet you know someone that deep down hopes they get to "blow a mfers head off that tries to steal" his stuff. I do. (Know some)

That statement is not correct. The typical mortality rate for the regular flu is considered to run around .1%. As of now, the mortality rate of Covid 19 in the US is 1.45%. Now, that number is probably going to go down, as the number of reported cases increases. But that's what it is right now.

Reactions: TrueOrange
At the least its ten times worse. Stop getting news from Facebook

Since the dawn of man, humanity has survived pandemics and devastating plagues that decimated huge portions of the population.
We'll survive this as well and eventually return to normalcy. Hopefully sooner than later.

This is true...but we're at a level of advancement globally where we shouldn't deal with anymore civilization ending outbreaks.

The answer is to keep EVERYONE in the house for a year or however long it takes the vaccine to be created and mass produced.

All regulatory bills should be nullified and written off in the process. And then a food stipend should be given to every person based on household size- regardless of financial standing. Rich or poor, you get money for food every week.

Also climate has a ton to do with this pandemic. If you live close to the equator, this virus will not be a big issue.

Probably more like a feeling of relief that he can protect his family in case of the worst case scenario. I have done the same as those that should that can handle a firearm. Not everyone is "itching" for killing just precautious for protection.

A gun will only protect someone so long. If a mob of thugs wants what you have, there’s not much you can do.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back