If the season doesn’t happen

RockyTop140

What are some possible solutions for what the would-be seniors this season would do? Would they get an extra season, while everyone else loses a season of eligibility? I don’t think there’s an easy solution and no matter what is done some people won’t be happy. Not trying to be pessimistic, I still have hope that the season can happen. Just an interesting topic to discuss.

The NCAA would have zero choose but to give the seniors another year of eligibility. Period! They never played a snap for their senior season. NCAA is as shady as they come but I would think someone over there would have enough sense to just grant ALL seniors a one time " Da'Rona " exception and let the boys play.

I really, really, really, hope this does not happen.

The NCAA would have zero choose but to give the seniors another year of eligibility. Period! They never played a snap for their senior season. NCAA is as shady as they come but I would think someone over there would have enough sense to just grant ALL seniors a one time " Da'Rona " exception and let the boys play.

I agree. But do you think all the other non seniors would move up a year? If they didn’t then this would cause the team to exceed the scholarship limit.

I agree. But do you think all the other non seniors would move up a year? If they didn’t then this would cause the team to exceed the scholarship limit.

This is the problem, and why I think they will fight tooth and nail to make a season happen. How can you have a 2021 team full of 6th year seniors who were granted an extra year, and incoming freshmen?

What if those 6th year seniors are done with classes? Are you still going to let them play even though technically there’s nothing academic they are doing at the school? Such a mess.

Play in empty stadiums and be done with it.

Maybe they could concentrate on their studies and be thankful they have a scholarship. The NFL will still have a draft and/or tryout camps.

Reactions: 08Vol and AllVols

No they wouldn't. This years incoming freshman class would still be considered freshman for 2021, for example. That's the only fair way to do it.

Schools are going to be financially strapped as it is so forget going over the limit on schollies. I think those seniors wanting to play pro ball will move on. Those that aren’t interested will leave if they graduate and get a job. I don’t think the year will count against eligibility for underclassmen.

This is the problem, and why I think they will fight tooth and nail to make a season happen. How can you have a 2021 team full of 6th year seniors who were granted an extra year, and incoming freshmen?

What if those 6th year seniors are done with classes? Are you still going to let them play even though technically there’s nothing academic they are doing at the school? Such a mess.

Play in empty stadiums and be done with it

This........NBA teams have been down here at Disney sports complex practicing for the past few weeks. They've been hiring 10-15 off duty deputies to work security a day to keep non-essential people out. They are a full go for the playoffs. I think at worst college football will be the same way with no spectators. If the schools are worried about revenue I wonder if they will go to an NFL Sunday Ticket type format for the year. That would generate a ton of income for the schools.

I believe the NCAA will pull out all the stops to play and most schools will want to due to the income issue as previously stated. And not playing would create an eligibility nightmare for the NCAA with extending eligibility and teams exceeding the 85 scholly limit with srs being granted another yr along with the incoming freshman class. I think it would be a last resort not to play some kind of schedule even if limited.

Hard to see that happening It would kill the 125 player rule

I'm more of to the opinion that SRs will have to just live with the cancellation of there last 12 games. Giving year 6 would be a log jam for rosters.

Season would happen in the Spring of 2021 and everyone would be eligible that graduated in December 2020.

But in the meantime...

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY, WH*RE MOUTH !!

What are some possible solutions for what the would-be seniors this season would do? Would they get an extra season, while everyone else loses a season of eligibility? I don’t think there’s an easy solution and no matter what is done some people won’t be happy. Not trying to be pessimistic, I still have hope that the season can happen. Just an interesting topic to discuss.
Increase the roster and scholarships for at least one year, maybe two. The seniors could play in 2021 if they want to wait and the 2020 incoming freshman could still attend school on scholarship this fall and still have 4 years of eligibility starting in 2021.

Maybe they could concentrate on their studies and be thankful they have a scholarship. The NFL will still have a draft and/or tryout camps.

Yeah...because ACTUALLY playing the game doesn't make you any better thus improving your stock. 😑

Smh.

I believe the NCAA will pull out all the stops to play and most schools will want to due to the income issue as previously stated. And not playing would create an eligibility nightmare for the NCAA with extending eligibility and teams exceeding the 85 scholly limit with srs being granted another yr along with the incoming freshman class. I think it would be a last resort not to play some kind of schedule even if limited.
I may be way off base but I just don't think the NCAA is going to have much say in the manner. If just a handful of Governors in key football states shut down public events the season will be derailed. Just imagine how many schools/conferences will be impacted if Texas, FLA and California were to shut down

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back