If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

Watch the replay. They showed an angle where the ball was clearly on his left hip.
Can somebody get an image of this, by the way? How does one carry a football on their hip? If I’m securely holding a football it’s basically at or just a hair below chest level. To hold a ball on my hip I’d have to palm the ball and keep that arm totally straight extended down to the hip.

Just sayin… unless I’m the one with weird body proportions 😂

For the record it looked like a 1st down when I first saw it. After replay it looked like a 1st down. Even one of the SEC analysts after the game said it looked like a 1st down to him.

Reactions: tnmarktx
The call stands is a fair point. If they called it a first down it should've stand as well. Those saying he was clearly short are obtuse.

The ball was on his hip. Was his hip past the line to go? Absolutely not.

You are just being a blind homer.

Can somebody get an image of this, by the way? How does one carry a football on their hip? If I’m securely holding a football it’s basically at or just a hair below chest level. To hold a ball on my hip I’d have to palm the ball and keep that arm totally straight extended down to the hip.

Just sayin… unless I’m the one with weird body proportions 😂

Did you see it? Didn't you record it? If so, go watch it.

Some of you people are delusional. I get it, you're mad about the last 15 years. A lot of people are but acting out like a child by literally throwing a tantrum because you didn't get your way is mind boggling.

The refs didn't cost UT this game. UT's absolutely atrocious 3rd down defense cost them this game. They made Matt Corall look like an All World tailback last night whenever he decided to run the ball. We couldn't stop it and Ole Miss and Kiffin exploited it all night.

Reactions: Jauan't Some?
He got the first down. Just barely but it should have kept the chains moving.

Like I said before, if that was another player in a Bama or Georgia uniform, referees wouldn’t have hesitated to call that a first down.

Sankey is the reason why the rest of the SEC is screwed.

The ball was at his waist. He didn't stretch for it. Would have gotten it if he had.

What about the Tyler Barron strip touchdown? You good with that call?

Of course not. Two completely different things.

When you think about it though, as bad as that call was I am not sure it hurt us so much.

What happened afterwards is that we had to punt, but got a safety, got the ball back and scored to go up 9-7.

You can almost make the case that the bad call gave us two extra points.

The receiver was short of the first down marker. There is no question about it.
Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.

I don’t think he was short. But I knew for a fact the call would stand. This whole we have to have irrefutable evidence thing is such BS. The official that spotted the ball was around 20 yards behind the play when our kid goes down. Why would the replay official not spot the ball where he believes it belongs. As opposed to look for irrefutable evidence?

Reactions: jp1

Like I said before, if that was another player in a Bama or Georgia uniform, referees wouldn’t have hesitated to call that a first down.

Anyone who looks at that replay and thinks the call should have been overturned either doesn't understand the rules or isn't being honest with himself

The ball was on his hip. Was his hip past the line to go? Absolutely not.

You are just being a blind homer.
The replay that I could see where the ball was when his knee was down looked to be just below or at his shoulder to me.

SEC office is headquartered in Birmingham for a reason. If not mistaken.
, the head official at last nights game was from Birmingham as well. Hmmm….

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
Go back and look at the replay again. His right hand was maybe a foot past the yellow line. Problem is, the ball was in his left hand down at his hip. He is over 6 feet, that's half his body length, which is....a yard.

Math is your friend.

There was no decent angle for replay because this was a throw away SECN game. The call on the field was ****, the play couldn’t be adequately reviewed. It was the straw that broke the camels back for the fans. You are arguing the the wrong point.

Ignorance is supposed to be bliss, why are you so mad?

There was no decent angle for replay because this was a throw away SECN game. The call on the field was ****, the play couldn’t be adequately reviewed. It was the straw that broke the camels back for the fans. You are arguing the the wrong point.

Ignorance is supposed to be bliss, why are you so mad?

There was a replay that clearly shows the ball on his hip. Only a blind homer would state otherwise.

Then feel free to put your vol swag on Ebay and show yourself out. That officiating crew needed to shaken up a bit and a little fear instilled in them. If that’s too much for your gentle heart then kindly piss off. Sometimes being an ******* is worth it and last night was one of those times.
Fear of what? I was pissed about the fumble TD that was called back but it’s just football. It shouldn’t turn into some kind of threat of violence or actual violence. That’s absurd.

Went back and watched it again this morning. I can see both sides of the where he lands argument. There is no definitive angle where you see ball alignment and his knee down. Super close play and spot on the field is what determined the outcome…from a guy 20 yards away which to me is still the bigger problem. No way he can get close to an accurate spot from his vantage point.

Went back and watched it again this morning. I can see both sides of the where he lands argument. There is no definitive angle where you see ball alignment and his knee down. Super close play and spot on the field is what determined the outcome…from a guy 20 yards away which to me is still the bigger problem. No way he can get close to an accurate spot from his vantage point.
Almost a disadvantage point huh?

no? anyone?

Reactions: nashvol1
There was a replay that clearly shows the ball on his hip. Only a blind homer would state otherwise.
Every shot I saw showed the ball appeared to be in a normal tucked position. Which would be above the waist to slightly below the shoulder. I didnt see evidence to overturn it, however he was real close to the line to gain and certainly not where they spotted the ball. My opinion is they wouldn't have overturned it if they had initially ruled a first down.

Reactions: nashvol1 and BartW
The number one subject today in all the media SHOULD have been the unexplainable call back of the ball strip touchdown closely followed by a discussion of how the problem of fake injuries needs to be addressed. But no, we throw a late temper tantrum and the two egregious failures of THE LEAGUE get totally ignored and we appear as the bad guys. Absolutely BRILLIANT guys. BRILLIANT.

Every shot I saw showed the ball appeared to be in a normal tucked position. Which would be above the waist to slightly below the shoulder. I didnt see evidence to overturn it, however he was real close to the line to gain and certainly not where they spotted the ball. My opinion is they wouldn't have overturned it if they had initially ruled a first down.

They could have well moved the ball closer, and it is possible that it might have stood had they called it the other way. Both fair points.

Reactions: jp1

VN Store

Back