If someone had told me.....

Not a big accomplishment just seeing positives from the 2020 season. Last year was putrid.
We should of beat this team, period. Penalties, stupid 4th and six inches call are not very positive imo. I like CJH and hope he is here a long time, but if we play SEC teams like we played today, we won’t win many and bottom line, it’s all about Wins and Losses.
We probably won't win many SEC games this year and if we do, they'll be against pitiful opponents. I'm not going to qualify that as getting back. We need to look long term, competing against and winning against the best. That's not this year. That will take commitment from the players left....which I saw today vs last season. Could we have won today? Yeah....am I disappointed? Yeah. We had a chance to nail the coffin early but, we didn't. We lost....but we didn't quit as in the past.

I guess it has turned black and white for me; I’ve grown impatient of being patient. There is no excuse for 150 yards in penalties. No excuse for picking a quarterback that can knock a hole in a wall with his throws, but can’t even hit the wall. I’ve not given up on the coach, but I certainly do see trouble signs in the performance. When the best thing that happens is that your starting quarterback gets knocked out of the game, it is frustrating. This year is going to be tough as will next year. This program has a long way to go in my opinion, and this NIL could not have come at a worse time for us. Just my opinion.

Let's face it. Tennessee does not have a good quarterback. May have to wait till Heuple get's his quarterbacks on board. You got the patience for that?

That we could go into a game without Cooper Mays and Tiyon Evans, then lose Jaylin Hyatt in the 1st quarter, then give up 27 points in the 2nd quarter, then have Jabari Small and Joe Milton knocked out in the first half, have 150 yards in penalties and lose the turnover battle 3-0, have a touchdown called back on special teams, but still have a chance late in the 4th and only lose by 7.... I would have said they were crazy. And yet, that is what happened today. We didn't deserve to win because we beat ourselves in too many facets of the game, BUT they showed fight under immense adversity and that's something to build on going forward. I hate losing, but hopefully this game helps them win 2-3 other toss-up type match ups this season.
100%

Milton missed wide open deep shot after deep shot in the 1st quarter which would have allowed us to possibly put the game away early. I honestly just want to see a competitive team that grows each week this season. My preseason guess for the record this year was 6-6. I still think that's feasible, but injuries could leave us with a 4-8 record. Today was a missed opportunity.

I just finally caught the replay. You are right. If Milton could get his deep shots on target, this team can make some noise this year. This team has the potential to do well, but the "grows each week this season" part that needs to happen most is really clear. Or this will be the season of missed opportunities.

Reactions: bigl3327
Not a big accomplishment just seeing positives from the 2020 season. Last year was putrid.
We should of beat this team, period. Penalties, stupid 4th and six inches call are not very positive imo. I like CJH and hope he is here a long time, but if we play SEC teams like we played today, we won’t win many and bottom line, it’s all about Wins and Losses.

Last year WAS putrid. So, we have nowhere to go but up. However, in order to change the trajectory of your "bottom line", this team need a strong leader that can pull together the rest of the roster. And Tyler Barron could be that leader. I am also starting to become a Theo Jackson fan. McCollough is also having moments. We have some good pieces to the puzzle, they just need to fit together to be competitive.

I just finally caught the replay. You are right. If Milton could get his deep shots on target, this team can make some noise this year. This team has the potential to do well, but the "grows each week this season" part that needs to happen most is really clear. Or this will be the season of missed opportunities.

From his senior year in HS to last week (4 years of game experience) he has been wildly inaccurate so if you are expecting that to change in the near future then I sense disappointment in your future.

Reactions: Pickle1
From his senior year in HS to last week (4 years of game experience) he has been wildly inaccurate so if you are expecting that to change in the near future then I sense disappointment in your future.

Disappointment? You forget; I gave up on the Vols doing anything great a long time ago. While I would prefer they do well moving forward, unlike most on here, I really don't have any expectations for it. So I am incapable of disappointment. Therefore your future as a psychic? I suggest you try another profession.

Let's face it. Tennessee does not have a good quarterback. May have to wait till Heuple get's his quarterbacks on board. You got the patience for that?
I’ve had patience and have no other option but to continue on that path. It seems that either a really good coach won’t come here or we are unprepared to do what is needed to get one here. Other than Johnny Majors (who probably would not have landed in Knoxville if not an alumni) I don’t know of any coach that wasn’t somewhat of an unproven commodity. And I’ve been watching UT football for a long, long time.

It's the same song and dance after *enter coach name* as well. The only thing that matters in the long run is Wins and Losses.
There is some truth to that. Right now we are in the same shape as we were with Kiffin after 2 games in 2009, 1-1.

VN Store

Back