If season.. So opening up with Florida.. Win?

Good thing about that is with those 400 there are just as many who want to play that normally don’t. It’s time the universities buck up and pull scholarships if players don’t play. That’s not insensitive that’s how it should be if college athletes don’t play the sport.
If they were any good, they'd already have a scholarship.

Reactions: voldurham
VOLS 34
gators 20

The Decade of the Vols begins with a big WIN over the lizards.... gator bait is dead.

GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
It really is hard to sit here and rack your brain and think of TD’s that JG has thrown from 20 yards in. He did it against BYU when Jennings basically went up and out-muscled the defender. Have there been any others? It seems so many of his passing TD’s are jump balls from deep.

He’s made some really nice NFL-level TD passes in his time here, but red zone.... yikes.
Actually most of his TD passes have come in the RZ. I was surprised too. He was better in 2018 than 2019. Last fall his overall completion % was 59.2%. His RZ completion rate was 41.2%.

UT was 10th overall in RZ scoring but had the highest percentage of FG's to TD's. Some blame that on the OL but a DC's job becomes a lot easier when he knows the opposing QB doesn't anticipate open receivers or hurt you with quick reads/throws. You can play run first and still have time to react in coverage.

The first qualification is willingness to fulfill the terms of the agreement. That makes all of those unwilling to play "no good".
The first qualification is being good enough to receive an offer, nice try tho

The PAC 12 are going to kill the season. 400 players refusing to play unless all their Woke demands are met, and they are going to get other conferences involved with their "crusade". College sports may not survive the millenial generation.

Millennials: a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.
Millennials were born between 1981 - 1996 making the youngest Millennial 24 in 2020.

I agree we should blame the fall of college sports on all the 24 - 39 year old college football players.

The PAC 12 are going to kill the season. 400 players refusing to play unless all their Woke demands are met, and they are going to get other conferences involved with their "crusade". College sports may not survive the millenial generation.

You realize the players aren't millennials, right? This, "millennials ruin everything," argument is so tired. Grow up, and try to actually think critically.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
As a millennial, I feel the need to slightly defend my generation. These current college kids pulling this stuff are all Gen Z. As bad as millennials can be, the Gen Z's are the ones going around making things even worse. I don't want to get lumped in with them.

If you think critically will you become woke?

The whole woke thing is dumb, too. I'm just tired of Generation X and Baby Boomers blaming their children for the world being terrible instead of trying to fix anything. A) X and Boomers raised those children. B) Millennials hold a very low percentage of authority positions. The two older generations are the ones making decisions currently, but it's somehow millennials fault?

I think you mean Gen Z. Millenialls graduated college years ago, and college football survived just fine

Not the point. Some guys walk on to try and earn a chance. Given the chance most if not all wouldn’t pass it up.
The chances of that happening at a power 5 school are slim to none. You're certainly not going to replace a fraction of your team with walk ons.

The whole woke thing is dumb, too. I'm just tired of Generation X and Baby Boomers blaming their children for the world being terrible instead of trying to fix anything. A) X and Boomers raised those children. B) Millennials hold a very low percentage of authority positions. The two older generations are the ones making decisions currently, but it's somehow millennials fault?
Wokeness is definitely a thing. Otherwise described as identity politics, postmodernism and cultural marxism.

You are right though, it's definitely not all millennials fault. Can't be.

It really is dumb, in general to me, to lump people together and blame entire generations for things. It's just not specific enough to get to the bottom of anything.

The world is never perfect and there's nothing any generation could ever do to make everybody happy. The younger generations are always upset at the old and the old is upset at the new. Opposing ideologies exist in both groups and are forever pitted against one snother. And those ideologies or religions people fight over create the same problems over and over again and humans never learn.

There never will be a utopia and the only thing we are trending towards is more and more chaos. And both 'sides' will lose or no sides will win, as everything is fluid and ever changing and people's perceptions are multitudinous and transient.

Wokeness is definitely a thing. Otherwise described as identity politics, postmodernism and cultural marxism.

You are right though, it's definitely not all millennials fault. Can't be.

It really is dumb, in general to me, to lump people together and blame entire generations for things. It's just not specific enough to get to the bottom of anything.

The world is never perfect and there's nothing any generation could ever do to make everybody happy. The younger generations are always upset at the old and the old is upset at the new. Opposing ideologies exist in both groups and are forever pitted against one snother. And those ideologies or religions people fight over create the same problems over and over again and humans never learn.

There never will be a utopia and the only thing we are trending towards is more and more chaos. And both 'sides' will lose or no sides will win, as everything is fluid and ever changing and people's perceptions are multitudinous and transient.
That is the most eloquent, "I don't have a clue", in the history of volnation. Congratulations.

VN Store

Back