If Pruitt stays...

The nominations for the Broyles Award was just announced today. I checked, but no Tennessee assistant coaches were nominated.

I thought Jay Graham was going to USCjr. But Friend and Weinke need to be gone, at least.

2 things with your summation:
1) For the love of all things, let's get Nieds off D and back onto the Offense
2) Co-OCs ???...NEVER have I seen anywhere that has worked at all...pass

I only need about 4 seconds to tell you that Clemson won two NCs with Co OCs. If I put 5 minutes into it I could name 3-4 other teams that have been successful doing it.

Edit....Never mind I see someone else already got there.

I understand the O sucks but Chaney is the longest running coach with any success in this league. I understand why people want him gone. I feel like he was given the keys to a 4 cylinder and told to win Talladega. The man did not forget how to call plays.

Exactly. He has to play with the hand he was dealt.

I guess where I am at on this issue is simple. Keep him, and whatever staff he and Fulmer decide to keep. Just. Do. Not. Extend.

Folks will say it kills recruiting. Maybe. But there’s really only one reason to keep him. It’s cost prohibitive to send him packing.

It’s hard to square, the way the team performed at the end of last year and the way they have performed this year. I am sure COVID has something to do with it, so there’s the excuse Fulmer can use, but just don’t extend them, please!

Biggest disappointments:
1) Defensive backs / corners and safety's
2) Separation at wide receiver
3) Defensive pass rush
4) O-line

Every position coach for these four areas should go.

I didn't say QB's because I believe playing the right QB will correct that!

So he has been consistently rated one of the top assistants and now all of a sudden he sucks. This is a constant theme with you Negas. Did he suck when he coached linebackers at Bama?

So he has been consistently rated one of the top assistants and now all of a sudden he sucks. This is a constant theme with you Negas. Did he suck when he coached linebackers at Bama?

Where has he ever coached without top 5 recruiting classes? It's a hell of a lot easier to look like a good coach when you have the cream of the crop playing for you.

Cheney is a good offensive mind when he's let loose, Pruitt has him so restricted, at one point in the FL game I can't exactly tell you when but you could read Pruitts lips and he said "run the ball" I understand wanting to control the game but damn you have to score points. If Cheney was allowed to do his thing like when Dooley was here our offense would be alot better

Reactions: 1vol8 and hog88
Where has he ever coached without top 5 recruiting classes? It's a hell of a lot easier to look like a good coach when you have the cream of the crop playing for you.
There is a Butch Jones joke to be had here. Elite coffee- making... Something like that.

The Muschamp to DC could possibly gain some legs. Actually probably not a bad thing from either side. Unless we lose to Vandy. Pruitt is likely retained. He would have 1 year to show if he can get things back in order. I have a feeling that Muschamp would come in for one year. Here is the issue though. What other coaches are going to be willing to base their career on Pruitt? Coaches I don't see coming back are Weinke, Martin unless he is promoted to OC, Chaney, Ansley, and Graham. We are in for a wild off season.

Reactions: Volfan1000
If Pruitt is not fired, who needs to be replaced on the staff?

I think the following individuals need to be gone.... Chaney, Friend, and Wienke. Replacements and staff position changes would be the following:

Head Coach - Jeremy Pruitt
Co-Offensive Cord./Quarterbacks/Asst. Head Coach - Tee Martin
Co-Offensive Cord./Tight Ends- Joe Osovet
Defensive Cord/ Defensive Backs- Derrick Ansley
Running Backs/ST Cord.- Jay Graham
Wide Receivers - Bryan McClendon (Oregon/Former Georgia/South Carolina)
Offensive Line - Ed Warinner (Michigan/Former Ohio St.)
Defensive Line- Brick Haley (Missouri/Former LSU)
Outside Linebackers- Shelton Felton
Insider Linebackers/Recruiting Cord.- Brian Niedermeyer
Secondary/Safeties- Aazaar Abdul-Rahim (Maryland/Former Alabama)
This is the worst scenario because he won’t be able to get quality assistants. The writing is on the wall. I’d say a few will leave on their own. No question Friend has got to go. There is no coach on the team that has done less with more. Weinke would be next. Our QBs have been absolutely horrible.

i haven’t been real impressed with what Tee has done. Graham will leave. He’s always the first one off the sinking boat.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! Plus it is allot easier to recruit to Bama than to most places.

Reactions: hog88

You still haven't figured out who does the coaching on defense at Bama, have you? It's amazing how this is still not understood

He was the recuiting director and coached linebackers for some of the best teams in football history. Good Lord.

Reactions: lexkyvol
He was the recuiting director and coached linebackers for some of the best teams in football history. Good Lord.

How hard is to recruit AL? He was at FSU 1 season and UGA for 2 seasons. The man does not have a resume that deserved a shot at HBC at the University of TN and it shows.

VN Store

Back