If Pruitt hires Friend

I don't know Jack - - - -! but I always thought that Friend was just occupying the O.C. position at Colorado State and that the head coach was calling the plays. Sorta like bUTch & Larry Scott.......
If that is true, then Friend really has no experience in being an O.C. Am I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
That's possible. Those things do happen all the time.

If jp is a defensive guru then he should recognize a offensive guru as well. So I feel confident he will pick the right person. That is IF the brass and "brains " will let him.

Seems like it's the opposite; Pruitt could hire Willie Wonka and there's many on this board that would praise the hire and declare it the best.
Hahahah....two sides of the same coin....thanks for the clarification....and neither side would have a clue...I agree....

It wont be the end of the world. He did a pretty good job at CSU for three years. His offense got better each year and they even ranked #11 in the nation one year. I want Freeze, or another flashy hire just like all of you do, but maybe CJP knows best here and we just need to step back from the ledge and trust him.

Friend can't even coach the O-line.

That hire would be like "Exit Stage Left" in Neyland stadium.

I think we could fire Pruitt / With Cause / if that comes true

Reactions: Rodeo vol
Coach Pruitt is getting some resistance from above about hiring Freeze. If it was totally up to Coach Pruitt, Hugh would have been hired already. Tennessee has a way of messing up hires by taking too long to make a decision. Freeze may very well be hired away while Tennessee figures out what to do. It is looking like we may have to settle for another option besides Freeze and someone not even mentioned yet. Some day, hopefully, UT will learn to act decisively on hires and get it right. There are too many chiefs in the process trying to influence decisions. If UT would let Coach Pruitt run his own program, the Vols would be much better off. This is what Saban required of Alabama before he would even consider taking the Bama job. For the sake of UT football, let's hope "higher ups" keep their nose out of Coach Pruitt's business. They're going to keep meddling and Pruitt will move on somewhere else. There is still a chance to get Freeze, but UT is going to have to act fast or he's going somewhere else.

I don't know Jack - - - -! but I always thought that Friend was just occupying the O.C. position at Colorado State and that the head coach was calling the plays. Sorta like bUTch & Larry Scott.......
If that is true, then Friend really has no experience in being an O.C. Am I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Throw 2 mil at Urban Meyer and tell him he doesn't have to do ANYTHING except install and call an offense.

I hate that guy, but he knows offense.

(yes, this would never happen, but it's a better idea than a lot of what I've seen in other places)
I have always found him rather offensive as well.

If he promotes Friend that boy better win early and recruit his butt off because the wrath and/or apathy of UT fans will be coming.

I think it will also tell us a LOT about Pruitt, Fulmer, and the state of this program. Spoiler, it’s not good.

Pruitt wants Probst on the staff, he is an excellent coach and I have no idea how he would turn out. He's outgrown the HS game by dominating in 2 areas where it's hard to dominate, looks ready. Like I said the NegaVols are gonna roast anyone other than Freeze.
Hey negavols, lets not hire an experienced guy that cheated on his wife. Instead, lets hire an inexperienced guy that cheated on his wife, head butted a player and was caught getting players grades altered. Sounds like a great idea

Anyone who says Rush Probst isn't a good coach is crazy or doesn't watch or read about any other football. He would certainly be an interesting choice and I for one would be good with it. I'm not on the Freeze or bust train there's plenty of good coaches out there that don't have the recruiting violations and other baggage, but I will say watching Freeze do what he does with offenses here would be great, I just hope they haven't already messed it up
Youre all over the place man, what is it you are wanting ut to do?

VN Store

Back