If Pruitt hires Friend

stevol

It wont be the end of the world. He did a pretty good job at CSU for three years. His offense got better each year and they even ranked #11 in the nation one year. I want Freeze, or another flashy hire just like all of you do, but maybe CJP knows best here and we just need to step back from the ledge and trust him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181203-161621_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181203-161621_Chrome.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Screenshot_20181203-160852_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181203-160852_Chrome.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 308
It wont be the end of the world. He did a pretty good job at CSU for three years. His offense got better each year and they even ranked #11 in the nation one year. I want Freeze, or another flashy hire just like all of you do, but maybe CJP knows best here and we just need to step back from the ledge and trust him.

Yet as a position coach, he literally showed nothing of value. Promoting Friend might as well put Pruitt on the hotseat.

I loved the Pruitt hire and his defensive staff. However, promoting a good ole boy to OC would be strike 2.

The entire league is getting better and we are just treading water.

My only beef with Friend is that, as the OL coach this season, there were a lot of missed assignments, and false starts at critical times. Perhaps he would be better at play calling than getting 6 guys to understand their blocking schemes.

Yet as a position coach, he literally showed nothing of value. Promoting Friend might as well put Pruitt on the hotseat.

I loved the Pruitt hire and his defensive staff. However, promoting a good ole boy to OC would be strike 2.

The entire league is getting better and we are just treading water.
I wont fully disagree here, but you cant tell me the line is worse this year than 2014 or 2017.

I definitely saw some instances where guys didnt know who to block or they just got blown up more times than I'd like.

Reactions: Rodeo vol
Based on?

*not trying to start an argument, I’m genuinely curious
No offense but he's been coaching football at a high level for a long time and he is a football coach. There are probably few who know more about the game than he does. So I would have to say at the very least he knows better than anyone in this forum.

That's just my point of view.

I don't know if Jeremy Pruitt knows best or not. A few more years will tell us that. But, what I do know is that I don't know anyone else to trust more than him in making this hire. The fact that 99.8% of the people on this board don't even know the daily responsibilities of an OC, isn't very reassuring.

There is no other choice than to roll with our guy's leadership. So, let's roll.

VN Store

Back